Do you believe the Intelligent Edge should connect user experience across their devices and ecosystem platforms? Do you get excited by deep design challenges in a dynamic and evolving technology area? Does learning expansively across multiple platforms (Windows, android, iOS, …), technologies and layers of the tech stack pull you to the office every morning? How about the satisfaction of working collaboratively with a talented team of engaged engineers, eager partners, and a demanding ecosystem?
Our team is dedicated to delivering OS platform support for cross-device communication and task coordination. We enable applications and experience designers to transcend a specific device and provide a continuity of experience for their users across devices. We support these experiences in being deeply integrated into various shells to increase user engagement. We abstract the underlying connection, notification, discovery, authentication, activation, App Services and cross-device signaling functionality and handle the connection protocols and lifetime management across a range of transports across the full stack from low-level device resources, up through global services and integrates with numerous teams in between.
Learn more at http://aka.ms/projectRome and http://aka.ms/rome
We are looking for an Architect with a passion for deep technical problem solving, who can dive deeply across the full technology stack from Azure services down into NT services. We need someone able to define north-star, collaborative-designs across partner teams and internal technologies; to then create focus on the right design, while being able to stage work to deliver ongoing improvements (build-measure-learn); and to coordinate multiple dependencies of partners, teams and technologies.
* 8 years of platform/Framework level software engineering experience with rigorous quality engineering practices across all phases of product development, deployment, and validation
* 5+ years of experience with C++
* Excellent communication skills and ability to translate technical excellence into customer experience
* Excellent teamwork and coordination skills and the ability to create clarity from ambiguity
* Demonstrated ability to develop expertise in new technologies
* Development on non-windows platforms
* Cross-platform/Device engineering and product development technologies
* B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Create long term architecture and execution roadmap and work with the engineering team, and partner collaboration, to facilitate creation the vision
* Review design and implementation to ensure alignment with our long term vision
* Assist in incubating new projects and technologies to enable the next wave of customer scenarios
* Provide technical guidance to leadership team
* Coach leaders and engineers in the engineering team
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.