As a Senior / Principal Application Developer this individual will play a key role in designing and delivering strategic as well as quick turn-around projects in the Quant & Risk space. The role will work closely with quantitative analysts, quant operations as well as peer technology teams in a rapid, highly iterative delivery model. A qualified candidate will be bright, highly motivated and self-starting, able to work effectively within a small dynamic team, as well as work productively on independent assignments; and will be well versed in one or more asset classes - Equity / Fixed Income / High Income, portfolio management concepts, financial statements with a track record of supporting research and delivering software components related to finance. Additionally, this individual is a skilled engineer capable of moving seamlessly between iterative prototyping and enterprise strength application development.
While delivery may involve engineering and automation, it will also come in the form of troubleshooting and support, reverse engineering requirements and documentation. The demands are dynamic, thus a comfort level working across technologies and with ambiguous requirements is essential.
The Expertise You Have
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
* Experience in web application development in modern frameworks such as Angular is a must.
* Experience in python development and familiar with python packages such as Pandas and NumPy is a must.
* Experience in ASP.Net is a plus.
* Experience in multi-asset securities such as Fixed Income, Equity, and High Yield bonds.
* Experience in dealing with market data providers, i.e. Morningstar, Factset, is a plus
* Experience with Risk vendors / models - Barra, BarraOne, Northfield etc. is a plus
* Experience in AWS and related data technologies is a plus.
* Experience with advanced analytical SQL is a plus
* Progress towards CFA a plus
The Skills You Bring
* Minimum of 4 years of software engineering development experience.
* Solid hands-on experience working with Angular, HTML5, CSS3, RESTful services
* Financial systems knowledge - preferably portfolio management & risk
* Autosys or a scheduling tool.
* Work with minimal supervision directly with investment professionals
* Strategic thinking skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong client focus and results orientation
The Value You Deliver
The Quant & Risk technology team is an end user / ITD team responsible for the development and support of the Quant environment covering subject areas such as Alpha, Risk, Attribution, Factor products etc. Common data includes fund holdings, benchmarks, risk models, trades, reference data, performance data, market data, securities, identifiers with integration with central database systems and external vendors. The efforts of this group are critical to investment management, quantitative analysis and new product development.
The application developer's primary responsibilities will include:
* Helping design, develop, validate and support client and web applications and tools for Investment Professionals. Support & maintain existing functionality & tools.
* Be a team player in a small & dynamic development environment and work well with Quant Analysts to support with strategic projects such as Cross Asset Risk Platform, Factor products, Index products as well as with their requirements for quick data sets, data analysis & information representation.
* Support the needs of our investment professionals and senior management in the areas of custom tools development, data analysis & information representation
* Focus on process to improve efficiency, present innovative recommendations and implement resolutions across the team.
* Gather and understand internal client reporting requirements and translate into technical implementation and related documentation.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.