AutoGrid's flexibility management software enables the new energy grid, allowing energy providers and owners of large asset portfolios to deliver clean, affordable and reliable energy. The company's Predictive Controls™ technology leverages advanced data science, machine learning and high-performance computing to automatically predict, optimize and control distributed energy resources at scale and in real time. AutoGrid's solutions help more than 30 global energy companies such as National Grid, Florida Power & Light, CPS Energy and NextEra Energy to balance supply and demand, increase grid reliability, integrate renewable energy and deliver value-added services to customers in energy markets worldwide.
AutoGrid was awarded World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer (2015), Red Herring Top 100 (2015, 2017) and Global Cleantech 100 (2014 - 2018)
About the Job
As a principal engineer on the predictive controls team you will own the full lifecycle of major components on AutoGrid's predictive controls platform
* Design and develop Big Data architecture and server-side components that drive AutoGrid's core forecasting, optimization and control systems.
* Benchmark and debug critical algorithms and software issues as they arise
* Work closely with application development and product management teams to define requirements and architectural design
* Assist DevOps in troubleshooting product issues in production and demo systems
* Lead and mentor junior developers
* Deep understanding and experience with Big Data / NoSQL frameworks (e.g. HBase, Cassandra) and distributed computing (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce).
* Extensive experience with object-oriented enterprise development.
* Experience with messaging frameworks (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
* Experience with relational databases and SQL
* Experience building RESTful web services
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to lead technical projects while performing hands-on work.
* Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology for product development
* Proven ability and desire to deliver projects on time with high quality
* Able to cope with and thrive in fast paced, dynamic work environment with evolving project requirements
* Start-up experience, entrepreneurial spirit, energetic!
* BS., MS., or Ph.D. in computer science or related field
* 5+ years of experience designing and developing large scale, distributed enterprise software systems
* 3+ years of hands on experiencing with Big Data technologies including designing, developing, tuning, installation, and monitoring.
* 3+ years of development experience at the senior engineer level with technical project lead duties
Nice to Haves
* Experience with python and the python ecosystem of libraries (e.g Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-Learn, Statsmodels, Django)
* Experience putting machine learning systems into production.
* Experience with Cloud technologies e.g. Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
* Cloudera experience and training
* Experience with data warehouse / BI tools
Benefits and Perks
* Collaborative, close-knit environment
* Working with a really smart and fun group of people solving BIG problems for a GIGANTIC industry
* Competitive salary with equity
* Medical, dental, vision insurance (PPO, HMO options)
* 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
* Brand new Macbook Pro, dual monitors and all the development tools that you want
* Flexible hours
* Easy parking
* Catered team lunch every day
AutoGrid is a company that organizes energy data and employs big data analytics to generate real-time predictions that create actionable data.