How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Secure Information Systems (SIS) produces the highest security encryption products to protect classified data and computing resources from cybersecurity attacks. With more than 100 NSA certified products, SIS solutions protect warfighter communication over land, sea, air and space.
SIS is looking to bring on board a Principal Software Engineer to support architecture, design, development, integration, and testing of embedded crypto applications software. Some of the main responsibilities include:
* Work closely with a team software engineers to ensure implementation meets the product requirements.
* Socialize designs with team and integrates suggestions and changes as appropriate.
* Participate in design and implementation/code reviews of other team members.
* Work with implementation teams to derive and document appropriate designs for the problem space.
* Provide documentation required for product certification, including requirements documentation, design documentation, test documentation, code analysis documentation, and software product build specifications.
* Independently manage time and prioritizes tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints.
* Resolve issues found during engineering test in a timely manner, taking risk into account.
* Consistently use group tools for tracking of defects and management of code.
* Implement code in a timely fashion and with high quality, consistent with standards for the group.
Note: This position will be based in El Segundo, CA or Fullerton, CA.
* Min 12 years software development experience.
* Experience as a Lead Software Engineer for a project.
* Proven experience spanning software architecture, design and system integration with experience developing embedded software utilizing C and C++.
* Experience with configuration management.
* Experience with Software test and integration.
* Experience in using Green Hills, ARM, Embedded Linux, or similar embedded OS and tools.
* Experience in using Waterfall and/or Agile Scrum methodology.
* Proven experience in writing software test plan and test procedures.
* Ability to support engineering team members on various programs.
* Ability to multi-task, to support multiple customers, and to work within specific schedule and cost constraints.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to motivate and lead a team.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal/written communication skills.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Active DOD Secret Clearance and be able to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
* Understands networking and security protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, TLS.
* Experience with implementing cryptographic software.
* Experience with key and certificate management software.
* Experience with Waterfall and Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration Environments.
* Experience with static code analysis tool using Coverity and Understand.
* Experience with requirements management using DOORS.
* Experience with configuration management using MKS and Git.
* Experience with Software or Systems Engineering Integration.
* Ability to work with Raytheon's Development Process.
* B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other Engineering discipline.
M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
CA - Fullerton
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.