APL1 currently has a need for a software engineer position responsible for assisting a team of developers for software component development using C++, Java and Oracle technologies. The candidate must possess the ability to apply an extensive mathematical background to analyze, develop, and implement complex algorithms into existing APL1 solution architecture. The applicant will develop and maintain web-based and real-time software to support end user situational awareness. The candidate must be able to work with expert users and operators to identify solutions and document software development, analysis and test results.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Combined 8+ years of algorithm development, software development, web based development and maintenance
* Working knowledge of UNIX Operating Systems environment
* Software integration and test experience with similar systems
* Operational system expertise and troubleshooting experience
* Experience with C++ and Java TCP/IP socket architecture
* Ability to work non-standard hours to support troubleshooting and end-user testing
* Security+ Certification
* TS/SCI with Poly - Current
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Experience developing new widgets and special apps
* Experience interfacing with Oracle Spatial databases
* Customer focus and collaboration skills
* Combined 15 years of algorithm development, software development, web based development and maintenance
* Experience with agile / DevOps software development
* Excellent people skills to interact with customers, users and technical team members
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related engineering field or current position 137609 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
CO - Denver
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.