The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing complex requirements, developing system security software, performing unit level and integration testing using state of the art tools for embedded applications. Ability to understand and employ Raytheon software development process during each phase of the software development cycle.
Position requires US Citizenship as candidate will be required to have an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance as of Day 1 of employment*
* Required Skills:
* 8+ years' relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
* Experience in security software development using C and application to real time operating systems
* Familiar with object-oriented software development methodologies
* Familiar with software life cycle
* Experience with developing multi-threaded applications
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
* United States Citizen and ability to access US only systems
* Competence in embedded software debugging and analysis tools (e.g. JTAG, GDB, etc.)
* Good understanding of different microprocessor architectures (e.g. PPC, x86, etc.)
* Background in ASIC development and design
* Understanding of agile software methodologies is a plus
* Some background or course work in cyber security or cryptography
* Experience in customer interface and presentation skills
* Good communication (oral and written) skills
* Familiar with modeling languages, e.g. UML
* Strong knowledge of COTS commercial standards and Open Mission Systems Standards
* Experience in embedded processor design, including background in the latest COTS embedded processor business trends and technical developments\\
* Familiar with real-time operating systems, e.g., VxWorks, Green Hills Integrity, or Unix/Linux
* Required Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other technical degree.
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons*
133558 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.