Cox Automotive is hiring a Principal Software Engineer with at least 10 years of hands on experience for our Common Retail Services group on the Core Domain team in Austin, TX.
About Common Retail Services (CRS)
We are creating the full suite of platform services that will enable all of the Cox Automotive software products to interact seamlessly. Our goal is to provide Cox Automotive's customers with integrated, cross-product capabilities that unlock value that is greater than the sum of its parts. We are a foundational part of Cox Automotive's mission to transform the way the world buys, sells, owns, and uses cars.
What We Do in CRS
We provide common services like SSO, centralized customer management, a unified developer API portal, and cross-platform data storage, publishing, and analytics. We are successful because we stay focused on delivering incremental value, and we believe in giving our teams the knowledge they need, and empowering them to make the best decisions.
Core Domain Team
As part of the Common Retail Services group, Core Domain is actively working to build a versatile and high performing platform to provide Authentication and Authorization services. We are also building platform components that allow for cross functionality integrations. Along with settings and customer management platform that allows all our Cox Automotive brands a one stop shop to access and manage their customers.
How We Work:
* We believe in agile, self organizing and performing engineering scrum teams that have a strong understanding of the business needs and the skill sets to deliver solutions iteratively and incrementally
* All our team members are empowered to collaborate and innovate, bringing new ideas to the table.
* Our teams are specialized, focused on specific areas of the research and development process.
Our Engineering and Architectural teams are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for the Principal Software Engineer to be an exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individual who is comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team. Additionally, the Principal Software Engineer will have experience working in fast-paced environments, and have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will lead and coach scrum teams in a collaborative environment that encourages everyone to perform at their best. You will be hands-on and drive technical PoCs, technology evaluations, reference implementations, research, discover and implement new ideas and technologies aligning to the release train goals. You will be building the core capabilities that will enable teams to rapidly deliver consistent/high quality APIs. Along with partnering closely with Architects on the team, you will be engaging senior members of Scrum teams across the Release Train for Design reviews, and improving engineering practices.
You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will drive the use of new technologies and challenge your team to develop innovative solutions. You will lead engineers on a team where collaborative development and peer mentoring is regularly practiced.
Technologies we use:
Java, ReactJs, AWS, REST, Microservices, GHE, Terraform
* Lead a cross-functional team of engineers that design and develop code that consistently adheres to good development practices.
* Collaborate with Architects to design scalable solutions to complex problems.
* Work with products to provide engineering input for evolving ideas.
* Being a passionate and flexible engineering leader, collaborate with your teams and Architects to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system.
* Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers.
* Design and lead the Implementation of platform-level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
* Influence teams to write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
* Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions.
* Enhance performance and reliability of our current solutions.
* Influence team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
* Socialize new ideas across teams.
* Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization.
* 10 years of work experience in a senior technical role with direct hands-on experience and leading scrum teams.
* Current and recent experience working applying OOP and OOD principles with JAVA and JAVA APIs
* Current and recent experience applying scalable, optimized, fault tolerant, and distributed system design patterns
* Current and recent experience leveraging REST, and MVC technologies such as AngularJS or ReactJS
* Current and recent experience delivering software with Amazon Web Services technologies, ideally with new deployments and strangle approaches to cloud migration
Differentiate yourself from others:
* Experience working with IdP technologies such as Okta, PingFederate, Cognito, or other SSO platforms.
What we look for:
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
* Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
* Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
* Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, through implementation and support
* Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
* Strong understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired.
* Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services is a plus.