It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Are you passionate about and do you enjoy working on...
* Distributed, in-memory object graphs?
* "Big data", distributed caches, and highly memory efficient data structures?
* High performance, low latency data access and linear scalability?
* Design, build, and deploy distributed caching architectures to achieve highly scalable and resilient transactional processing and reporting for different size and shape workloads
* Perform analysis on data access patterns to uncover opportunities to improve throughput and drive decision making on new architectures. Recommend best practices.
* Design efficiently distributed data graphs for low latency access and traversal for transactional and reporting use cases
* Influence and collaborate cross functional teams in coming together towards a common, data architecture for CORE
* Learn and fundamentally understand the Workday technology stack including a home-grown meta-data driven application development environment
* Be responsible for system stability by proactively identifying and diagnosing issues and rapidly deploying code to address production issues
* Perform design, code reviews, and data analysis to identify opportunities for further scalability improvements
* BS or Masters degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
* Highly proficient programmer that can code efficient algorithms (like map-reduce, preferably in Java) that traverse data partitioned in a distributed architecture
* Strong knowledge of distributed systems gossip protocols and consensus algorithms
* Experience implementing distributed computing frameworks and architectures
* Deep knowledge of network protocols, routing and handshaking