Are you passionate about working with customers? Are you excited to learn new technologies? Would you like to solve real world problems by having whiteboarding discussion and code-with activities? If the answer is yes, then we want you to join our team. You will be part of a team of talented software engineers working with customers on high impact projects using emerging technologies.
Our team, CSE (Commercial Software Engineering), works side by side with customers to help them tackle their toughest technical problems both in the cloud and on the edge. We meet customers where they are, work in the languages they use, with the open source frameworks they use, on the operating systems they use. We work with enterprises across many industries from financial services to manufacturing, as well as a broad spectrum of domains including IoT, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, High Scale Compute, Big Data, and much more! Our "super power" is that we work closely with both our customers' engineering teams and Microsoft's product engineering teams, developing real-world expertise that we put to use to help our customers grow their business and help Microsoft improve our products and services.
We are very community focused in our work, with one foot in Microsoft and one foot in the customers that we help. We make pull requests on open source projects to add support for Microsoft platforms and/or improve existing implementations based on our customer needs. We can even build frameworks and other tools to make it easier for customer's developers to use Microsoft platforms. We source all the ideas for this work by maintaining very deep connections with these communities and the customers and partners that use them.
If you like variety, being a customer advisor, coding in many languages, using any available tech across our industry, digging in with our customers, hackfests, travel, and telling the story of what you've done in blog posts, GitHub repositories, then this is most likely the job for you.
Does this job sound like it was created for you? If you have read this far, then it likely is the job you have been looking for and we would love to meet you.
* 10+ years of shipping production software or strong service delivery experience including architecture and coding, and ideally building cloud services.
* Strong software architecture capacities, understanding of complex software architecture especially in the Cloud area.
* Demonstrated ability to work with customers to extract specific business goals and requirements and translate those requirements into solutions to meet customer goals and objectives
* Desire for direct relations with customers, partners, internal colleagues.
* Strong lead to drive discussions and make things happen.
* We do not require deep expertise in all software stacks that customers use. However, we do look for people who can quickly ramp up on new languages and technologies.
* Media & Communications Industry knowledge is a key differentiator.
* A Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent is a bonus but not mandatory, the most important is the demonstration of knowledge in the development practices and Cloud technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Be the main technical advisor for Media & Communications customers and ISVs based in the Americas and be part of a larger team focusing on the Media &Communications Industry.
* Working with your team to design, implement, schedule, and deliver value alongside our customers on impactful projects.
* Exhibiting technical leadership throughout the broader CSE organization.
* Developing positive relationships with Microsoft product teams as well as account teams.
* Maintaining and improving on our delivery standards by executing and contributing to our fundamental engineering playbook.
One of the key values you will drive as a technical leader in our engineering organization is to identify patterns. As patterns are identified, you will work with other engineers across our team to lead or contribute to projects that generalize those patterns as open source, often shipping them as public repos on Github.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.