Are you looking for an opportunity to work on the leading edge of Azure technologies that is all about helping customers achieve their best? If so, come join us!
Patterns & Practices is chartered with discovering, building, and promoting techniques and best practices across a wide array of technologies that that enable architects and developers be successful when designing solutions for the cloud. We have a long history of providing proven practices and cutting-edge solutions to address real-world challenges.
We do all that and more through:
* Reference implementations - real-world examples of common cloud architectures shipped as source code.
* Solution Accelerators - libraries of source code targeted at specific problem domains.
* Written guidance - narratives reflecting the entire software development process, associated patterns, and tradeoffs that arise from technical decisions.
Check out our catalog at http://aka.ms/architecture.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications:
* 7+ years experience in software engineering roles.
* Demonstrated success growing engineers through mentoring, collaboration and coaching.
* 3+ years experience with cloud platforms or distributed systems, building and deploying large scale cloud services.
* Proficiency with one or more popular stacks, such as .NET, Java, Ruby, Python, NodeJS etc. Including experience with NoSQL solutions and popular big data technologies & analytics.
* Extensive knowledge of design patterns and distributed system principles and the ability to communicate the rationale underlying design decisions.
Additional experiences that are preferred, but not required:
* Contributions to open source projects.
* Participation in developer communities (e.g., StackOverflow, GitHub, local meetups, etc.).
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you need to:
* Quickly learn new technologies and practices.
* Seek and understand the customer's perspective.
* Validate guidance by communicating with various advisors, including external communities, and product groups.
* Effectively collaborate with peers on the team.
* Provide leadership in development efforts of projects and ensure high quality deliverables.
* Design appropriate architectures that meet the security, scalability, manageability, and availability needs of modern systems.
* Keep in touch with relevant trends in software engineering and the cloud industry, in particular.
* Develop trusted relationships with Microsoft product teams, Field teams, and open source communities.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.