To delight our customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft Azure cloud business delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
A major factor in the quality, as experienced by our customers, is the quality of the infrastructure that is running the cloud. Azure cloud services infrastructure (CSI) is a fast growing R&D organization that designs, engineers and qualifies the entire cloud-optimized infrastructure, including advanced Compute and Storage server technology that push the technological.
Our team, within CSI, drives the hardware validation lifecycle and is accountable for the quality experience of our cloud customers. Our goal is to exceed customer expectations in every aspect related to infrastructure quality. Therefore, we invest heavily in automating the validation processes, from the inception and throughout the entire h/w lifecycle. We invest in systems that continuously monitor the hardware quality in production, predict hardware failures, detect behavioral anomalies and mitigate issues before they impact customers. Our mission is to ensure a consistent high quality of production hardware through automation and smart engineering that can scale as fast as the cloud business grows.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent design and development skills and experience with distributed systems. Being passionate about designing, building, and improving high availability services is a must. Hardware experience is a big plus. This job also requires strong collaboration skills. The ideal candidate will need to collaborate on a deep technical level with other organizations in Azure, and drive changes into the various cloud systems to enable effective test in production. We can offer a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment is where you can make a real impact on millions of end users. This is also a unique opportunity to work with world-class engineers. Apply now for this unique green field opportunity!
* CS Degree or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of experience shipping, operating, improving large scale distributed systems
* Experience with defining and measuring customer SLA's
* Great problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
* Superior communications skills, verbal and written
* Knowledge and working experience in data mining, statistics, mathematics is a plus
* Capable of technical deep dives into service design, operating systems, networking and storage
* Ability to build and influence broadly towards common goals and priorities through advanced impact and influence skills
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft's Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft's online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Fostering and maintaining a customer-obsessed culture
* Collaborating with hardware architects to determine key component and end to end verifications
* Designing, developing and delivering software that measures and improves h/w quality at scale
* Mentoring team engineers to ensure engineering best practices are held at a high bar
* Driving best practices, and when they don't exist, pilot solutions in an experimentation model that can be iterated on rapidly to show what success looks like
* Identifying and driving solutions for systemic issues, influencing and creating new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.