The Salesforce Solutions organization is seeking an innovative, inspiring, and results-oriented Principal Software Developer to join our team. In this role you will lead major projects or subprojects of highly technical complexity and will direct and monitor the work of team members. While this is not a management position, you will be a peer leader, coach, and mentor to others.
You'll be responsible for system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation within our Affinity Relationship Management System (ARMS), which is built on the Salesforce platform. In this role you'll be working within Salesforce and will get to learn the Apex programming language. Although helpful if you've previously worked with Salesforce, it isn't required. Instead, we are looking for a seasoned Object-Oriented developer with leadership skills and comfort learning new technologies quickly.
This role can be based in either Indianapolis, IN or Dover, NH and sits within the Global Retail Markets (GRM) U.S. Technology organization.
In this role you will:
* Develop maintainable/scalable, effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
* Conduct unit test case development Develops highly complex test scripts
* Conduct impact analysis Develops component design Develops system/application architecture
* Support the production support transition and implementation phases responsible for overall success of the project.
* Work within project team to lead iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
* Support interactions with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
* Develop and lead the production of support documentation.
* Lead functional/system integration testing support.
* Lead quality assurance architecture and design guide review defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners.
* Plan work out appropriately, effectively communicating and responding to escalations/inquiries.
* Develop Build and Deployment guide.
* Identify and implement appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
* Complete other project work or tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
* 8 years of professional experience.
* Highly proficient in multiple Object-Oriented programming languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
* Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
* Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies. Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
* Experienced in layered systems architectures solutions, designs and shared software concepts.
* Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
* Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
* Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
* Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery. Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.