Microsoft's cloud business is the core part of Microsoft, and it is growing exponentially. C+AI Datacenter Security team is the key team focused on ensuring that the foundation of Microsoft cloud business has rock-solid security, meeting highest industry bar, and is evolving as threats landscape evolves. We are looking for seasoned Individual contributor developer who is passionate about ultra-high scale, globe-spanning systems and about Security. You would be working in an exciting and fast-paced environment, collaborating with multiple teams and building sophisticated data processing and security systems that protect our datacenter footprint across the world.
In this role you will be responsible for the leadership of the software architecture, development and quality assurance for these services. You will partner with product management and teams across the company to steer our efforts in Datacenter Security space and to deliver critical enabling components as well as complete security solutions, in collaboration with Azure Security Insights, CO+I, Azure IoT and other teams. We are looking for a seasoned individual contributor with experience with agile software methodologies and ability to implement services and solutions in this area to achieve our strategic goals.
Successful candidates need to exhibit these attributes that will enhance their ability to succeed in this role:
* Strong desire to succeed and motivate others.
* Strong design and coding skills
* Demonstrates both strong analytic and big picture capabilities in problem solving approaches.
* Deep interest in Security
* Expertise in data systems, machine learning and AI is preferred
* Experience in SIEM systems is preferred but not mandatory
* Ability to establish and manage priorities in a high pace environment.
* Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
* Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* Ensure appropriate and effective communication flow among internal and external stakeholders.
* A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
* 10+ years of experience designing and developing software and/or cloud services
* 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams
* Proficient with C#
* Experience designing and developing scalable data ingestion and transformation systems in batch and near real time environments.
* Experience applying machine learning methods on challenging business problems.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
* Take on big areas, provide energy and clarity, design and code scalable solutions.
* Provide software engineering leadership and implementation: architecture, design, development and quality assurance of service and solutions in the Data Center security space.
* Partner with Product Management and other teams in C+AI Security and across the company to meet immediate and longer term objectives.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.