Partners Data Systems
Please apply only if you are an experienced engineer (not a good fit for new grads). We have to remove your contact info before submitting your resume to the hiring manager, therefore we need your resume in WORD format and not in PDF format.
This is a full time employee position (not contracting) and the job can only be done onsite no telecommuting:
Provide architectural and big picture oversight for the development of new or enhanced software applications (apps) for mobile phones, smartphones, and other mobile devices.
The ideal candidate will take a technical leadership position in platform integration delivery across the company globally, in coordination with local and off-shore delivery teams. In addition to the main delivery responsibility, the principal architect will engage closely with customers, support technical bids and estimation, define solution architectures, advise on technical strategy and drive knowledge build-up across the company.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Provide architectural leadership for software development efforts by integrating various technologies such as web applications, relational databases, information security, servers, networking, etc.
* Requirement document analysis and requirement clarification with customer representative
* High level architecture and design elaboration and documenting
* High level project/program estimations (feasibility, technology, engineering development, and testing efforts)
* Evaluate and assess new development projects based upon size, complexity, and time frame
* Execution of the project through designing the architecture, guiding the development life cycle, and meeting deadlines
* Architectural and design maintenance and support for development phase (may be involved in code review)
* Oversee the primary activities of individual contributors (see above) to ensure completion of tasks and attainment of departmental goals
* Handle personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, performance reviews, and pay discussions)
* Responsible for budgeting of department's personnel, capital, and/or operations expenses
* 1 or more years in Windows Phone 7 development
* 2 or more years in Windows CE or Windows Mobile development
* 5 or more years working as mobile SW developer or architect
* 10 or more years in SW engineering
* Deep knowledge of C# programming.
* Deep knowledge of C/C++ programming.
* Deep knowledge of object oriented programming.
* Deep knowledge of device driver and BSP development.
* Reach experience with platform integration or porting activities
* Knowledge of design patterns used in mobile development.
* Experience with agile development.
* Deep understanding of .Net framework classes.
* Deep understanding of proper resource and memory usage on mobile devices.
* Familiar with and experience employing common UI Design Patterns for constrained mobile devices - resulting in smart, simple software.
* Actual work experience with Microsoft development tools (VS, Expression Blend)- (At least 2 years)
* Knowledge of network technologies.
* Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
* Ability to communicate designs to junior developers and provide guidance.
* Ability to work with product managers to clarify requirements.
* Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams.
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
* Windows Phone 7 integration or porting experience at one of the major mobile phone manufacturers
* Engineering or Computer Science degree
* Experience with creating device drivers or middleware using native APIs
* Knowledge of network technologies and client-server design.
Specific job skills:
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, organization, and project management skills.
* Strong leadership skills with ability to mentor and motivate team members.
* Due to the growth nature of the business, a very high level of energy and commitment and a strong focus on immediate output is expected.
Other personal qualifications:
* As a global resource, a willingness to travel to customer sites across the world when needed is required. The role will also focus strongly on developing the local business.
* Self starter, highly motivated and with a positive attitude.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.