Role Summary:The Lead Digital Architect will be a thought leader responsible for supporting design and development of enterprise architecture across the GE Healthcare Imaging organization. This key role works on highly complex enterprise wide projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple modalities and specialized architecture domains like microservices and data.
Essential Responsibilities:The Lead Digital Architect has across organization influence to drive long-term and cohesive platform technologies which provide specific business value and competitive advantage.
* Reviews and approves recommendations and exceptions to architectural standards at a domain level.
* Leads the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities, provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment. Identifies the tools and components used within the domain based on the enterprise toolset and can define exceptions as warranted. Ensures the conceptual completeness of the technical solution.
* Works closely with project management to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered. Recommends allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives critical to business/mission success.
* Develops the business case for approval. Meets with project management and software development leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
* Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout their domain.
* Define the skills, competencies in the skills and talents for architecture team members.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* 15+ years experience in design and development of S/W systems.
Other : Eligibility Requirements:
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
Desired Characteristics:• Strong domain experience in imaging and/or healthcare modalities with extensive hands on experience and understanding around end to end s/w application design, development and deployment.
* Strong understanding of s/w industry and technology trends including but not limited to cloud, on-prem, hybrid clouds, microservices, various data base technologies, familiarity with AI (ML/DL), IoT, docker/kubernetes deployments etc.
* Responsible for developing micro services based data driven architecture(s)
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Illinois, Wisconsin;Waukesha, Chicago;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.