MuleSoft is searching for a hands-on Principal Security Architect to focus on application security and all things identity. As a MuleSoft Principal Security Architect, you will use your experience in developing, deploying, and securing cloud-native applications, microservices, APIs, and containers to help architects, engineering managers, and product leaders ensure the highest levels of security are implemented holistically throughout the product ecosystem. You are the type of person who knows there is a better, stronger way to authenticate and authorize humans, robots, and machines, and you have a burning desire to solve API security.
What you’ll achieve:
- Own the identity and access management architecture throughout the product ecosystem
- Be a strong application security champion and work with other platform architects to ensure security is second to none
- Promote your great security work around how we’re securing the platform, and about API security in general, with both internal and external audiences
- Conduct complete lifecycle security architecture and technical assessments
- Lead and take charge of cross-functional projects and teams in establishing amazing security development lifecycle practices
- Identify problems and build security tools and/or add the appropriate technologies to augment our product and infrastructure offerings
- Provide consultation in security architecture design/review of projects and other activities involving the use of security technologies related to the web applications and mobile/cloud computing products and services
- Drive expert identity and authentication processes across MuleSoft products and platforms
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Proven experience in architecting complex web applications with backend services expertise such as API gateway, identity, access management services, data protection technologies, and encryption
- Deep, hands-on expertise in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations
- Proven experience in supporting compliance frameworks such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GDPR and ISO-27001
- Exemplary track record of significant, game-changing innovation and creativity
- A can-do approach backed by accomplishments: "they said it couldn’t be done, so I came in and found a smart way and made it happen, and ended up knocking it out of the park"
What you’ll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. As a Muley, you’ll be based in our downtown Union Square HQ and receive comprehensive health benefits, life insurance, paid parental leave, 401K, equity, and flexible vacation time. Plus the fun stuff, like a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, volunteer opportunities, onsite happy hours and free yoga classes, annual rafting trip and offsite activities, and MeetUp, our annual all-company offsite in California. Check out our Life at MuleSoft page to learn more!