Are you ambitious to make the world a better place by making technology breakthrough in artificial intelligence? Are you passionate about diving deep into hard technical problems in real world, coming up with insightful solutions, and building working systems? Are you self-motivated, proven collaborators, good communicators, attentive to details, and keen to learn? If yes, Tencent AI Lab is the place for you.
We are building a research team in the greater Seattle area to develop cutting edge technologies in speech recognition, speech synthesis, natural language understanding, and dialog system.
* Research, design, implement, evaluate and optimize novel algorithms/models that lead to improved performance in real world scenarios
* Work on large-scale datasets and create scalable and accurate systems in versatile languages / application fields
* Collaborate closely with team members across USA and China on developing systems from prototyping to production level
* D. degree in computer science, electrical engineering, math, statistics, or related fields
* 3+ years of research experience after Ph.D.
* Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
* Interest and experience in speech recognition, speech synthesis, natural language understanding, or dialog system
* Strong coding skills in C/C++, Python, and one shell script
* Ability to communicate/collaborate with other researchers/engineers
* Ability to think out of box
Preferred candidates for this position should also have
* Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
* Proven track record of making significant contributions to speech recognition, speech synthesis, natural language understanding, or dialog system
* Good understanding of cutting edge deep learning models
* Working experience with one of the deep learning platforms: ensorflow/pyTorch/CNTK/mxNet
* Working experience on large quantities of data
Tencent is a publicly traded company focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users. In China, Tencent is the largest publisher of online games and we work together with world-renown developers such as Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games.
Our office is small and nimble, but growing rapidly and looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading internet company, Tencent America offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Passion, Collaboration, and Innovation. We seek individuals who prosper and thrive in this type of environment, and also know how to have fun. We offer competitive compensation, fully paid health benefits, and opportunities for professional growth.