Staples Digital Solutions (SDS) team drives our business by developing the latest technologies to connect cutting-edge online, mobile, and retail experiences, and define the next generation of Staples. Our Staples Digital Solutions team strategically influences all parts of our business from Marketing and Merchandising, Retail and Online, Supply Chain and Order Management, Infrastructure, Enterprise Data Solutions, Security, Privacy, and Compliance, to Tech Portfolio and Corporate Systems.
Staples Digital Solutions is at the core of our business generating nearly $10 billion in online revenue alone. This allows us to invest heavily in industry leading platforms and tools that enable our teams to be successful and drive us to new levels as an online destination. Our mission is to deliver innovative, highly differentiated, simple-to-use solutions that generate increased value for our customers and the enterprise.
As a Principal QA Engineer - eCommerce you will be inspired to challenge yourself, take risks, and raise the bar on your career!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Principal Quality Engineer eComm to join the next generation Global eCommerce team. To be part of this high achieving team, you need to be someone that has an abundance of intellectual curiosity, be a self- motivated achiever and be excited to work with a team focused on innovation and delivering solutions that raise the bar.
Principal Software Development Engineer for testing role expected to have full system development lifecycle experience, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes automated fueling swift corrective actions, significant cost savings
Hands-on technology professional accustomed to working in cross functional, domain-based environments. Multifaceted experience in QA software testing, software development and user-acceptance testing.
Backed by advanced command of various testing suites, agile methodologies and monitoring tools; and cross-platform skills in Windows, Linux and Unix.
* Keep current with advances in both testing and quality technology and techniques.
* Lead the creation and execution of thorough test plans, including positive and negative testing, functional testing, and regression testing.
* Work collaboratively with other teams to monitor processes and systems, identify issues or areas for optimization and implement improvements and fixes.
* Provide guidance and support for manually testing applications where automated testing is not appropriate or possible.
* Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI/CD) training or experience in a pure agile mode
* Design, develop and execute complex automated software test plans encompassing reusable automation scripts and frameworks in order to identify and address user problems and their causes.
* Analyze risk identifiers and develop documentation addressing software defect diagnostics and proposed solutions in the areas such as database impacts, API, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability and research new technologies to create and maintain automated testing suites.
* Solid understanding of software development principles and Agile.
* Develop and execute test scenarios, scripts, and procedures for unit, process, function, system integration, and acceptance testing.
* Review testing documentation, develop testing standards, define criteria for testing, analyze test results, and present results to developers and end users.
* Oversee quality-testing efforts including process automation design and standards, effort estimation, resource forecasting and fulfillment, and task and risk management, including functional, performance, regression and roll-back testing.
* Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing automation procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems.
* 5-7 years or more of relevant experience in Automation Testing.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Comfortable scripting in any modern language.
* Experience in development is a strong plus.
* Practical experience with automated software deliverables in UI Service areas.
* Comfortable with version control system (GIT) and JIRA tracker.
* NOSQL database experience along with DevOPS
* Experience working with Selenium and RestAPI testing.
* General knowledge and experience of testing and automation of API, SOA and Microservices
* Experience in e-commerce platforms using off-the-shelf and open source frameworks.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.