In the Azure Developer Experience team, we continually strive to learn the needs of different developers, build solutions that make sense for our developer customers and Microsoft, and create products that are delightful to use. We are a tight-knit team of customer centric, energetic, data-driven product managers innovating on how developers build applications for the cloud, in the cloud. And we work hand-in-hand with one of the most customer-focused engineering teams in the world.
Are you passionate about Go and the developer community around it? We are seeking a product/program manager who will be able to leverage this passion towards making Go developers successful in the cloud, on Azure. The person will set the product direction for both platform capabilities and developer tooling that thousands of Go developers will benefit from particularly in building containerized, microservices and serverless applications. This includes building product capabilities for Go in Azure platform services such as Azure App Service, Azure Functions, Azure Kubernetes Service and Azure Dev Spaces p; and working with other teams to determine and execute on the strategy overall for attracting Go developers to Azure.
* 5+ years in a technical product management or architect role
* 3+ years experience with cloud-based solutions, modern programming languages and development frameworks
* Development experience building Go applications
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
* First hand experience building, deploying and operating production applications in Go
* Proven ability to influence the community (Some examples: community nominated committership in Open source projects, track record of speaking engagements)
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with developers as customers and understand their dev workflow needs and friction
* Demonstrable experience architecting cloud-native applications with microservices and serverless frameworks/platforms
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
* Working with current and potential customers - developers and dev teams to understand their current workflow for Go applications in the cloud particularly when using containers and serverless platforms/frameworks.
* Leveraging quantitative (e.g. product telemetry, surveys) and qualitative (e.g. customer call downs, usability studies) to drive an experiments-based approach to understanding customer needs and areas of friction
* Building a picture of the Go communities' overall needs during application development, deployment and management
* Creating and executing on the strategy across tooling, platform capabilities and new developer services towards making Azure a great platform for Go developeras
* Working with engineering teams to build differentiated platform capabilities and delightful tooling
* Making VS Code the preferred developer tool for Go developers everywhere
* You will have the opportunity to shape a wide range of Azure services and will interact with various teams including engineering, developer evangelism, marketing, and executive leadership. And you will partner daily with a smart team of engineers with whom you will shape the developer experience through tools and services.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.