Search for more jobs
Principal Product Security Engineer
* Job: 19774-MKAI
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
You will play a crucial role in setting the direction to ensure security of our products and services using industry best practices. A successful candidate for this position must possess a wide background in software and application security being applied across different technologies spanning both traditional platforms and more modern deployments on the cloud.
You will leverage your software engineering, architecture and security skills and will be responsible for security of our products; and identifying, initiating and driving high priority security related projects.
* Work with our product teams, gain an understanding of our current product architectures, and define a strategy for our technical direction around software/application security
* Develop new foundation security libraries that can be used by multiple teams and work closely with the teams to adopt them
* Perform security and risk assessments of our products, threat modeling, security reviews and drive high priority security projects forward
* Work with our products and services organizations and security programs to develop security requirements, architecture, frameworks that support security within our products and across all our products, and integrate them into our longer-term strategy
* Introduce new security related processes, build a standardized set of security requirements and produce metrics to report performance against those requirements
* Work directly with our development teams to enable successful project implementation applying recommended security tools, technologies and techniques
* Identify security gaps, investigate, propose solutions and work with the teams to close the gaps
* Work with customers regarding product security related issues
* Participate in technical security design reviews
* Stay up to date on new tools and techniques in the software/application security space
* A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
* 5+ years of software development/architecture/security experience
* Expertise in (C, C++, or java) software development
* Expertise in one or more programing languages used in web applications
* Expertise in different topics in application/software security domain
* Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Able to dive into different code bases/architectures, identify flaws, and propose solution
* Familiarity with security related static and dynamic analysis tools
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.