Verizon Media Group
Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most and is the first screen for the next generation of sports fans worldwide,who crave real-time personalized quality content and superior fan experiences every day.
YAHOO FANTASY SPORTS:
Senior Product Designer
A BIT ABOUT US
Yahoo Fantasy Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love the most. Our designers train just like the elite athletes drafted by our users. We see you laughing and we get why -- sure, we may not appear to be buff and indestructible like a defensive end, but we excel in conceptualizing, designing and pushing pixels to win and do right by our users. We are competitors that believe in dedication, teamwork, and humility, which makes it hard for us to tell you that we were awarded the Best Fantasy App at the 2018 Fantasy Sports Trade Association awards.
We recognize the competitive landscape for Fantasy, and it's only through great visual and UX design that we rise above the noise. This is exactly what we're looking for: outstanding visual and UX design proficiency. Together we'll change the game.
A LOT ABOUT YOU
* 5+ years of experience designing products with a mobile app focus.
* A portfolio that showcases an understanding of hierarchy, typography, color, and motion applied to stunning native app designs.
* Excels at making the complex simple, transforming datasets into beautiful and intuitive gameplay.
* Able to combine data with intuition to create experiences that exceed expectations of the user and the business.
* Humor, niceness, and an allergy to the platitudes and jargon of the tech industry.
* Ideally a passionate fantasy player, or a sports fan.
* Clearly, articulate the Fantasy App design vision and then partner with product management and engineering in the design, research and ongoing refinement of large and small scale projects.
* Identify design opportunities for increasing app retention and daily active users well beyond benchmark rates.
* Understand and design for the distinct user mindset differences in mobile vs. desktop design.
* Ability to present design in the context of strategy and user/cultural insights with a persuasive, collaborative approach.
* Become a catalyst more than a conformist to conventional app design trends and evangelize that same thinking inside the company.
* Contribute to and maintain our overall design language and unique voice.
* MFA, BFA or BS in interactive design, UX design, graphic design, or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of total experience in mobile, product, graphic, interaction or information design.
* Must have a solid grasp of iOS/Android mobile, prototyping and motion design.
* Cross-device and cross-platform design skills in the native environment (iOS and Android), mobile web and desktop
* Extensive knowledge in screen layouts, user flows, information design, typography, color, composition, and UI specifications.
* Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe CS, Invision, Principle, etc.
* In-depth knowledge of cross-device design principles and experience in mobile/tablet space
* Experience working in a fast-shipping environment and with rapid prototyping.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to defend design decisions.
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.