Partners Data Systems
Job ID R90110 Date posted Jan. 29, 2019
Principal Product Designer
Round Rock, TX
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Product Designeron our Dell Digital Designteam in Round Rock, TX
What You Will Love About This Job:
We are a team of passionate technologists and innovators that will build and deliver a modern, global, cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platform delivered in an agile way.
You will get to be part of the Digital IT team looking to change the way we do business and deliver products in a faster more efficient way. You will feel like you're working in a "start up" with the stability and knowledge of the best technology company in the world. If you are someone who thrives on the creative process, problem solving, and building innovative solutions, then Dell Digital is the environment for you.
As a Principal Product Designer Digital UX/UI on our transformation team, you will be applying your proven track record of helping conceive, define and execute user experiences across web and mobile products, and collaborating with other designers, developers, researchers, architects, and business stakeholders. You will draw upon your deep understanding of Human-Centered Design and how to deliver solutions that bring measurable results. You'll build upon your portfolio that shows you've worked on a range of challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping and aesthetics.
* Conceptualize and execute global creative solutions for a variety of digital experiences
* Interactive design projects that meet both user and business objectives, while maintaining and supporting brand standards
* Evolve and evangelize our Design Language and System
* Practice and facilitate Human-Centered Design (Design Thinking) methodologies
* Guide and mentor more junior designers
12 years of related professional experience with a Bachelor's degree (or 8 years with a Master's, or 5 years with a PhD, or equivalent experience)
Experience to include:
* Delivering standard UX Design artifacts: Site maps, Process flows, Personas, Use Cases, Concept models, Wireframes, Design comps, Interactive prototypes
* Experience working in Agile and Lean UX
* Strong proficiency with MS Visio, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other wireframing and prototyping tools
* Good understanding of typography, grids, visual layout, and design systems
* Understanding of HTML/CSS code, methodologies, and the technology and platforms that support UX design
* An online portfolio demonstrating a strong design foundation with relevant examples of design concepts, deliverables, and process
* User research experience in technical domains
* Experience creating Design Systems, frameworks, or other Design-at-scale initiatives
* Experience designing for eCommerce platforms and applications
* Experience designing AR-driven, voice-enabled, or IoT experiences
* Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
* Competitive compensation and benefits plans including bonus, 401K match and generous time away allotment.
* Dynamic, challenging, global work environment
* A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
* Exciting internal career opportunities with an individual professional development plan
* A commitment to diversity and inclusion
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.