A product architect creates the end to end architecture for new products or features, defining both technical and user aspects of the product. As a principal product architect you will be responsible over the Kona products line, acting as focal point for all product changes, involved from the point of a new product or feature inception, help shape the product, define how it works internally and externally and follow through until release and after. You will be working with Product Managers, R&D, Support, InfoSec, and other teams to meet their requirements, define what needs to change and present.
This position will offer the opportunity to be part of the highly motivated team that works on software running on one of the largest distributed systems in the world. You will be an integral part of our aggressive growth strategy for creating highly innovative security products for the Internet scale, making our products more reliable, secure and faster
About the Team
Our team is part of the highly successful Web Security organization which is responsible for design and development of technology that helps customers to protect their web sites and secure the transactions over the web. Our products include Kona Site Defender, Bot Manager, Kona DDoS Defender, Fast DNS, Client Reputation, Siteshield among others. We have a proven record of delivering the best in class security products and experience to Akamai's customers.
* Define end to end high level, cross team and cross functional architecture for new products and features
* Present and defend architectural, design and technical choices.
* Work with Product management and engage with customers to define new products.
* Provide leadership and participate in design and development of complex, high performance enterprise applications.
* Define enterprise server patterns and advocate consistency across the suite of applications.
* Provide mentorship, coordination and guidance for application developers.
* Perform peer design and code reviews.
* Keep current with technology development within the industry and bring fresh ideas to the table.
* Evangelize and mentor peers on enterprise application development strategies, technologies, techniques, tools and guidelines. Guide the adoption of new technologies.
* Work with team members to aid in setting the direction and development of server side components for high-use complex applications.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 12+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent or
* 8+ years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in CS or equivalent
* 8+ years of software architecture and design experience
* 5+ years of experience working with large scale distributed software systems (i.e. "the cloud")
* 5+ years of experience in web based products
* 3+ years of experience with common application security issues and remediation
* 2+ years in a role where customer interaction was required
* 2+ years in a technical leadership, management, or business oriented role
* Work experience in application security products
* Strong written and verbal communication and consensus-building skills
* Management or project management experience
* Knowledgeable in application security trends, products and tooling
* Knowledge of Secure Communication & System Integration Technologies &
* Demonstrated experience in delivering product or major features architecture
* Experience in and commitment to agile software delivery principles and practices
* Strong critical and analytical thinking skills sufficient to solve complex design problems, troubleshoot issues, and specify critical controls to measure project and program success
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.