Req ID: 48528
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
We are actively seeking a highly creative and intellectually curious technology professional with deep technical expertise in networking to join us! This is an opportunity to join a high-performance team, work in a large and evolving network infrastructure, hone the performance of the environment, and foster the use of expert level troubleshooting skills by the team.
You will collaborate and innovate with smart and passionate people within Sabre to push the envelope to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will work with a team of dynamic and talented network professionals. You will work closely with Engineering and Architecture leads to help deliver next generation F5 products in cloud and physical Data Centers as well as other network devices like Cisco routers, firewalls and switches, and Palo Alto Firewalls.
The ideal candidate will have experience as both operations and engineering technical leads. Have a good foundation of cloud computing (AWS, GCP and/or Azure). Design, build and run network services with a target SLA of 99.999.
Work with a team of senior-level engineers with sustaining engineering responsibilities:
* Lead enterprise strategy development/design standard development/asset management, and lifecycle management efforts for owned platforms/technologies
* Drive major incident/problem resolution, consulting with other technology support groups as needed as part of problem resolution efforts
* Lead the implementation of new platforms, code versions, and features to meet lifecycle management and business requirements
* Assess security vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans and successfully implement them
* Create and/or maintain standards documentation, design documentation/templates/topology diagrams and workflow documents
* Provide direct support of audit and ad hoc consulting engagements; ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise security configuration standards
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred
* At least 6 years of professional experience in a engineering role supporting a geographically distributed enterprise class Network Infrastructure
* At least 5 years of experience with load balancing solutions
* At least 1 year of experience with public cloud implementations with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
* AWS Professional or Associate Certification
* At least 8 years of experience with load balancer technologies (F5 GTM/LTM)
* At least 8 years of experience with load balancer platforms, technologies, and implementations.
* At least 2 years of experience with network automation, especially with Python
* At least 2 years of experience with public cloud implementations, ideally AWS
Successful candidates possess:
* Excellent analytical and communication skills with proven ability to collaborate and influence across different teams
* Ability to discuss complex technical issues with engineers and vendors, clearly present technical information to non-technical audiences, and inform/influence senior leaders and peers
* Strong problem solving and organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail
* Ability to work both independently as well as part of a geographically dispersed integrated team
* Understanding of how to use network management tools and packet captures to identify and resolve operational issues
* Familiarity with Agile/Kanban project delivery, industry standard network management tools, and common application traffic flow patterns in multi-tiered applications
* Ability to identify network automation opportunities and drive their implementation
* A solid understanding of DNS, DHCP, server and global load balancing, firewalls, and routing
* This position is an engineering role. As such, periodic late night maintenance work and possible participation in a on-call rotation is required.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: Network, Consulting, Cloud, Cisco, Business Intelligence, Technology
Apply now "
About Sabre Corporation
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.