What you'll be doing...
You will be part of the Core Infrastructure Support Team, responsible for implementation, maintenance and on-going support for the Intelligent Edge Network in Verizon global IP footprint. You will act as a technical liaison to the Engineering, Planning and vendor organizations to ensure supportability and reliability of the IP services across the production network. You will develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Additionally, you will also be conducting analysis of situations or data requiring an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and exercising judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
You will participate in 24/7 on-call rotation with flexibility to work nights and weekends. You will be Subject Matter Expert for entire Intelligent Edge Network with responsibility to provide escalations and technical support as needed.
* Ensuring operational performance of production network routers and switches.
* Performing software and hardware upgrade and network design optimization and implementation based on established guidelines.
* Providing 24x7 weekly on-call support for complex issues and escalations from internal and external groups.
* Working with Planning, Engineering and lab to support existing and new functionalities as business requirements evolve.
* Virtualization of application and/or control-plane to OpenStack environment.
* Embracing agile methodologies and showing an aptitude for being able to adapt.
* Developing scripts and/or programs to leverage automation and eliminate manual tasks.
* Finishing projects independently and meeting tight timelines without impacting critical IP services.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, QoS, Multicast, MPLS, IP Routing Protocols like ISIS, OSPF, BGP, L3VPN, L2VPN, Traffic Engineering using BGP and MPLS-TE.
* Knowledge and experience with router platforms from Juniper, Cisco and Nokia
* Knowledge of modern router architecture including interworking of control plane and forwarding plane, switch fabric, egress queuing.
* Knowledge of Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF), REST-CONF, and YANG.
* Ability to quickly analyze situations, identify problems, and provide solutions.
* Ability to lead and drive projects to completion and handle multiple work assignments simultaneously.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
* Networking experience.
* Experience with Automation using configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt. Ability to develop programs using REST API to a controller northbound interface.
* Experience with Splunk for Proactive monitoring and Analysis using Next Generation telemetry, logging, reporting, dash board development, and continuous delivery technologies.
* Strong Scripting skills with Python, Perl and API experience.
* Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple work assignments simultaneously.
* Experience in telco industry focused on technology.
* Strong critical thinking, problem solving abilities, and decision-making skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
* Ability to lead technical discussions with a group of individuals in the industry with varying technical positions.
* Ability to work well both independently and in diverse teams.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.