At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
This position is part of the Global IT Infrastructure team reporting to the Sr. Director of Infrastructure Services. As a Principal Network Engineer, you will work within the global IT team responsible for the development, implementation and operational support of a reliable, secure and scalable global network. The networking team is responsible for the evaluation of LAN / WAN requirements, and the development of strategic solutions related to corporate business and end user requirements. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in supporting a complex global data network consisting of connected offices, on-premise server rooms, colocation data centers and the public cloud. A proven ability to ensure high levels of availability and redundancy of all networking components is critical to the success of this role. The ideal candidate must be creative, energetic and able to work independently as part of a geographically dispersed team.
Must have a customer service frame of mind, enjoy working in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, and have good organizational and communication skills. Being self-motivated, flexible, and willing to work under pressure is also key to this role. (Planned off-hours and weekend support are periodically required)
* Provide onsite and remote network troubleshooting and problem analysis
* Support day to day operational support of routers, switches, WLAN's, firewalls, load balances, and remote access devices
* Provide technical support and resolutions for LAN and WAN network performance issues and outages
* Prepare appropriate documentation of processes, procedures, and network Visio modifications
* Provide technical support and engineering for LAN and WAN network project implementations
* Detect and report recurring problems, actively search for ways of improving existing procedures and systems
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Work experience: 8+ years
* Must be proficient in verbal and written English communications
* Excellent communication and customer service skills with a natural aptitude for dealing with people
* Excellent time management skills, must be capable of multi-tasking in a high workload environment
* Knowledge and understanding of the OSI model
* Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN technologies and protocols including but not limited to OSPF, BGP, IPSEC, FTP, TCP and Spanning Tree
* Must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with the following technologies:Cisco Routers, switches, firewalls, and VPN concentratorsNetwork Troubleshooting, & Problem AnalysisF5 Load BalancersSniffer traces and interpretation Packet analysis and network performance tools knowledge
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance is a multinational computer software technology company, providing speech and imaging applications.