At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Networking Engineer to join our team of highly skilled and motivated engineers at Northrop Grumman's Autonomous Design Center of Excellence located in San Diego, California.
You'll be joining the Electronics & Payloads (E&P) organization. The E&P organization delivers innovative and effective ground and airborne mission subsystem and control solutions for our system operators' current and emerging missions, by utilizing industry leading processes and tools. E&P is responsible for many mission critical subsystems such as RF Communications, IP Networks, Radar, SIGINT, Electronic Warfare, EO/IR, Full Motion Video, Ground Moving Target Indicator, Weapons, Mission Management Computers, and Ground Control Systems.
* Responsible for integrating and testing software and/or hardware systems in complex IT systems.
* Work closely with Engineers and Technicians in a lab environment.
* Document system requirements and interfaces with traceability to platform requirements.
* Actively participate in design and program risks and opportunities.
* Perform review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration.
* Perform liaison duties to disseminate information to suppliers, customers, technology development partners, management and other Integrated Product Teams
* Support Subcontract Management Team to oversee supplier technical performance.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of Engineering experience or 3 years with a Master's Degree or 0 years with PhD in a STEM related field.
* Must have Communication Engineering experience with an understanding of embedded computing systems.
* Must have current active in-scope DoD Top Secret Security Clearance (within 5 year scope) with the ability to obtain Special Program Access.
* Master's Degree in engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate across program level (management, engineers, and technical leads), and negotiate / integrate different viewpoints.
* Experience with integrating and testing networks and communication systems or component subsystems.
* Understanding of embedded computing systems utilizing VITA 46, VPX, and OpenVPX architectures, PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC) and XMC mezzanines.
* Understanding of Fibre Channel, RS-232, RS-422/485, Ethernet, Serial Rapid IO, PCI Express, Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Express (NVMe), 1553, 1PPS, SATA, and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interfaces.
* Understanding of H.264 and RS-170 video interfaces.
* Familiarity with Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID), Network-Attached Storage (NAS), Network File System (NFS), and Storage Area Network (SAN) storage devices/recorders.
* Familiarity with Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS), Routers, and Switches.
* Understanding of various Ethernet Protocols such as IP, UDP, TCP, LACP, OSPF, RIP, QOS, and HAIPE.
* Software development experience in C, C , C#, and VxWorks.
* Operating system knowledge including Linux, MS Windows, and VxWorks.
* Familiarity of LOS and BLOS communications systems, networking architectures, cyber security, and anti-tamper technologies.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.