Principle Network Administrator - Network Service Operations
AT&T provides world class digital content delivery and is continuing to expand its role as the largest digital video service provider in the world - diving into engineering challenges with OTT content delivery, mobile streaming, video on demand, interactive services, recommendations, cloud DVR and dynamic ad insertion. Our teams are challenged to produce innovative solutions more quickly.We are seeking talented, energetic engineers to develop and architect the future of cloud infrastructure that scales seamlessly to meet the growth of services and exceed customer performance expectations. Our vibrant, fast paced environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
We are looking for Principle Network Administrator at the Mobility & Entertainment Group (M&E). This is an opportunity to work with AT&T's network architecture and operations team, a team of world class talent at the forefront of innovation and technology. As Principle Level network and infrastructure operations administrator, you'll be responsible for critical review and maintaining the designs that will drive the next generation of video networks. You will leverage the best in class industry solutions to build and maintain our linear, streaming and application infrastructure. You will find yourself responsible for solving complex problems relating to Content Distribution Networks, security. Load Balancer, and Reliability. Mentor and coaching staff Engineers in the team and drive team collaboration on all supported platforms.
What You Will Do @ AT&T Mobility and Entertainment Group
* Subject Matter Expert in the build and operation of networking to support live linear/OTT video delivery across private and public clouds, the next generation of linear, streaming and application video network architecture and the network and systems infrastructure to support video acquisition, video backhaul and delivery.
* Critical Review of planned network transitions, upgrades, technical refresh and preventative maintenance.
* Lead resource of the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, break-fix, monitoring and maintenance of the network.
* Utilize network monitoring tools and data across multiple systems and interfaces for maintenance of the infrastructure and contribute to efforts to determine root cause analysis.
* Capable of reading complex packet captures and able to contribute in a multi-principle setting
* Pro-actively audit infrastructure for more efficient ways of administering the network.
* Key resource to lead inter-organizational efforts across team boundaries
* Lead activities during maintenance windows and contribute to troubleshooting collaboration and team efforts
* Plan and execute work in support of audit findings as well as developing MOPs
* Bachelors of Science in technical area such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
* 10+ years hands on network operation support, troubleshooting and change management lifecycle experience
* Advanced knowledge of broadcast/broadband/OTT video workflows and Best Practices
* Advanced Knowledge on IP networking
* IP routing protocols like BGP, ISIS and OSPF, Policy Routing
* Multicast Routing Protocols such as PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, MSDP, PIM-BSR etc.
* Understanding network and infrastructure securities
* Data centers technologies - VxLAN, ACI, EVPN, etc.
* Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, L2/L3 VPN Features, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
* Experience with programming and scripting languages such as Java, Python, and UNIX shell scripting, Ansible, Terraform.
* Proven track record on the latest trends and technologies including mobile and packet core preferred
* Industry recognized training certification: such as Cisco CCIE level or Juniper, F5, OpenStack, AWS principles, are highly desirable.
Job ID 1913765 Date posted 06/13/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.