At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Principal Software Engineer works with a team of developers, QA and documentation staff in the development of the next generation of speech enabled web applications. The candidate will be a self-starter and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules and frequent cloud deployments.s.
* Design and develop client side applications with cloud speech service integration
* Design and develop Azure web apps with REST APIs
* Develop automated deployment solutions for Cloud and Mobile products
* Prototype new user interfaces to create innovative, simplified speech recognition experiences
* Integrate unit testing and other automated testing into web apps and services
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8
* 5+ years of experience developing commercial Windows applications
* Strong C#, WPF and .NET development experience
* Solid experience with Web service design, REST/JSON
* Experience with Azure or other Cloud environments
* Familiarity with automated testing frameworks for web services
* Innate curiosity about how and why code works beyond satisfaction with the result
* Ensure that design changes and new features are continually documented and communicated.
* Multithreaded application development and debugging skills
* Scripting skills with Python, Perl or similar
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Experience with Microsoft AppCenter, VSTS, or other Git-based system.
* Secure Software Development Methodologies, especially in-depth knowledge of OWASP vulnerabilities
* Familiarity with .NET Core
* Experience with mobile development (iOS or Android)
* Experience developing multi-language GUI applications
* Experience with UIAutomation
Education: BS in computer science or related discipline; MS preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance is a multinational computer software technology company, providing speech and imaging applications.