At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Qualified candidates are sought for dynamic algorithm development and algorithm tuning needs on Military Space programs at Northrop Grumman Azusa. Key responsibilities include understanding onboard and ground mission processing algorithms used on Military Space programs, analyzing mission performance derived from these algorithms, reviewing and auditing onboard and ground codes against algorithm design, and designing new mission algorithms. Algorithm development and tuning environments include Matlab and PC- or AIX-hosted development tools. Results of algorithm development and tuning work will be communicated externally through reports and presentation materials. The candidate may be required to occasionally travel in support of customer outbrief and technical interchange meetings. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs.
* Bachelor's in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) & 5 years of data analysis in a technical engineering field, OR a Master's Degree in a STEM field & 3 years of data analysis in a technical engineering field.
* Strong analytical and programming skills (e.g. MATLAB or Python preferred)
* Active DoD Secret Clearance is required.
* Master's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with Math background preferred
* 5 years of experience in the areas of algorithm development or algorithm tuning
* Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes and methods
* SBIRS program or similar military space program related knowledge
* Knowledge of C and familiarity with Unix environment
* Active TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.