What you'll be doing...
In this position you will produce revenue generating products and services for consumer and business communications segments. You will be expected to evaluate and understand next-generation technology, existing deployments, competitive trends and business drivers to design best in class solutions.
Your main responsibility will be to help in the definition and design of all the components to create, deploy, provision and support life cycle maintenance of these products and services including:
* Lead responsibility for all the business layer logic from provisioning to service execution. This requires interaction with network application service layer, network execution layer (internal and vendor resources), and device technology resources.
* Guidance/requirements to User Interface Design groups to create, review, and schedule UI/UX (internal and vendor resources)
* On‐going interaction with software design and execution resources (internal and external) for schedule, unit testing, and overall integration of deliverables from multiple vendors and/or internal groups.
* Lead responsibility for creating test plans and Q/A scripts to validate the delivery and interoperability of the products. Lead the team of testing resources, responsible for delivery
You will also be responsible for helping in testing and troubleshooting, cross functional coordination/leadership, operational handoff and ongoing SME support.
The ideal candidate will have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities at the same time. This role requires high engagement, ability to build collaboration across multiple teams and vendors, including IT, Network, OPS, Sales, Marketing, and PMO which will require attention detail and ability to connect the dots to ensure key business deliverables are met. The candidate must possess strong analytical skills and be able to interpret data and clearly communicate recommendations to the leadership team.
You must be a motivated, positive, self-sufficient, self-starter who is comfortable standing programs from the ground up and will take the initiative to drive projects to resolution. Exceptional work ethic and integrity is a must and the business will be expecting you to do it all, even if it is not your responsibility, because someone has to do it.
You will be working on:
* Consumer & Business Communications Products & Services
* Lab & Production deployments
* Emerging Technology Evaluation and Innovation
* Product Design, Quality Assurance and Tier5 support
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Wireline, Wireless Telecommunications, Network and IT industry experience.
* Knowledge in wireless IP networking, routing & switching, mobile technologies / markets, Radio Access Networks, LTE, IP Multimedia Subsystem, Application traffic flows, and Security best practices.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Telecommunications, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
* Work experience from technology companies (from large internet, telecom, and cloud companies).
* Industry Certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Linux, Openstack, Microsoft, CISSP, etc).
* Experience with assessing and leading current Verizon technologies, suppliers, challenges and new emerging architectures and network concepts needed to drive transformation in a Tier 1 carrier network.
* Knowledge of the competitive landscape and demonstrate a firm understanding of the upcoming technology marketplace.
* Experience creating visibly pleasing, crisp, and creative presentations.
* Knowledge in wireless and broadband technology standards (e.g. 3GPP, MPLS, RCS, etc.) and application / Infrastructure virtualization within a service provider network.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.