Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal Member of Technical Staff - Software Development
Business Intelligence (BI) is one of the fastest growing segments of the software industry. Business Intelligence Tools allow analytics and executives to get the information they need to make critical strategic decisions in a fast-paced rapidly changing business world. Our customers are typically users who are unfamiliar with database schema and technology, so we focus on building Next generation Self-Service Data Discovery and Analytics platform. This team provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment.
For this position, we are looking for senior Data Management/Modeling Engineer with experience in data warehousing projects. You will work with SaaS application data and deliver data model powering Next generation Analytical application to solve real world business problems. You will work as part of the team designing all aspects of data management practices for the cloud.
* Translate business requirements into logical/physical data models that are easy to understand.
* Design declarative data warehouse transformation rules/guidelines, for extraction/sourcing, loading and transformation
* Use SQL queries/custom scripts in Python etc. for rapid prototyping data model/transforms
* Design, develop unit/integration test data/plan and scripts for data model deliverables.
* Creates supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow
* BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 10 years of applied experience
* 5 years of experience working in data architecture/modeling, master data management.
* Experience in developing/supporting data solutions over multiple releases
* Experience with databases and big data systems (Hive, Spark).
* Experience in performance tuning SQL and understanding ETL pipelines
* Strong programming skills in Python/Java
* Experience with BI Semantic model
* Experience with data modeling software [ERwin, ER/Studio]
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.