Athenahealth is looking for an experienced Engineer to join our data science team as a part of the athena.intelligence organization. This individual will serve as a lead for athenahealth's data scientists focused on machine learning, predictive analytics and related projects. But enough about us; let's talk about you.
As a Data Science lead, you will help them identify the most impactful use cases, the most relevant models, best technologies for implementation, and clearest modes of communication for the application at hand.
You love to build solutions to complex problems. You embrace the challenge of using unstructured data to deliver real-time, actionable insights. You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design and engineering excellence.
The Team: Our athena.intelligence (a.i) team unleashes the power of athenahealth's one-of-a-kind healthcare dataset by applying advanced analytics and machine learning to terabytes of data. We are a team of passionate, innovative engineers looking to make an impact and solve the most complex problems in healthcare using data.
* Partner with the Data Science and Engineering teams to architect innovative solutions that scale our ability to learn from our growing network
* Create reliable and efficient processes to move, transform and report on large amounts of healthcare data
* Use your expertise in data modeling to deliver a well-crafted model that can be used by both Data Scientists and Business Analysts
* Develop and deploy code to production data environments
* Advanced degree (PHD, MS) in relevant field. For example, but not limited to: physics, math, or computer science
* 5+ years of professional experience designing, building, training, deploying and evaluating NLP models in production software environments at scale
* Excellent verbal communication and business writing skills
* Experience collaborating with cross functional teams
* Healthcare experience preferred, but not required
* Agile/Scrum methodology experience preferred
* Familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments
* Proficiency with at least one programming language (such as Perl, python, C/C++, java)
* Proficiency with data analysis languages and tools such as Python/Jupityr, R/RStudio
* Proficiency with relational databases and SQL including query analysis and optimization
* Experience with big data and analysis technologies preferred such as Hadoop, Spark, H2O
* AWS experience preferred
* Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
* Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
* Our Culture: If you're curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you've come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or "athenistas") are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments, and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
* Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.