About the teamThe Conversational Assistants AI team, part of the overall Artificial Intelligence team, is responsible for the science and platforms that power automated conversational intelligent agents across Zillow Group websites and mobile apps. The intelligent bots converse with 200 million unique users per month supporting apartment tours, questions and answers for landlords, rental leases, and other natural language conversations for real-estate specific scenarios.
About the role
The Principal Machine Learning Engineer will design and build the next-generation intelligent agents that will power automated natural language conversations in real-estate. You will:
* Participate in the technical direction for conversation assistants at Zillow Group
* Build machine learning models and systems in natural language processing (NLP), natural language understanding (NLU), semantic understanding, and intent classification
* Build real-time low-latency machine learning platforms
* Be hands-on in technical feature development, design and code-reviews, prototyping
* Enable applied scientists to iterate quickly and deploy NLP and NLU machine learning models into production
Who you are
* Proven track record of successfully architecting and building highly available, low latency systems for high traffic applications
* 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
* 2+ years of experience building conversational intelligent agents
* Strong knowledge of machine learning, NLP, and NLU
* Familiarity with conversational bot integrations with Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri
* Bachelor's/Master's degree preferred
Get to know us
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.