Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a highly motivated Engineer who wants to make your mark in big data and cloud computing? Do you enjoy solving the most complex problems that arise in the areas of distributed computing, high volume transaction processing and large scale system design? Do your ideas reflect in smartly designed, scalable, reliable code? The Responsys Marketing Cloud Development team shares your passion for problems solving and delivering market leading cloud technology.
Every day at Oracle we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. The Responsys development team is an elite engineering organization that is designing and implementing new ways of converting big data into meaningful interactions with consumers in an intelligent, consistent way over time and across multiple Channels. This platform is a leading provider of enterprise-scale and cloud-based B2C marketing software that manages and orchestrates interactions with consumers across all channels from email, mobile, social, display and the web. Our success requires us to process over 500 million transactions a day (tens of billions of transactions per month) with SLAs on throughput and latency. Our elite team of engineers handles the challenges of developing software that operates at this scale while expanding our functionality to even further the lead Responsys has over the competition.
The Java senior engineering position engaged full time in hands-on software design and development. You will be a key contributor in defining, designing and building the next generation of the Responsys Real time data processing platform. The ideal candidate must have passion for solving complex and interesting problems in the area of distributed computing, high volume transaction processing, and large-scale system design. We are seeking individuals who can handle the challenges and opportunities of developing software that operates at this scale while expanding our functionality to further the lead that Responsys has over the competition.
If you are a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional Agile environment and loves working side-by-side with scrum teams to develop game changing cloud products, you will be successful in this role. In this position you will contribute to developing complex software solutions that meet business and customer needs.
* Design and Develop Responsys Real time data processing engine with high quality
* Work with other product architects to design product features.
* Work with product management team to define new product requirements
* Work with the platform, data services and QA teams to deliver high quality product releases on time
* Solid experience in developing enterprise application software solutions based on Java
* Solid understanding of relational databases
* Deep understanding of software craftsmanship, solid design principles, and design patterns
* Produces well-structured, documented and maintainable code.
* Self-starter with a can-do attitude, and a willingness to learn.
* Ability to work in Agile team-based environment.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related discipline
* 3 or more years, experience developing enterprise software applications
* BS/MS in computer science or other relevant technical degree
* Experience in application development using Java/J2EE technologies
* Experience using the Spring Framework
* Expertise with all or some of the following technologies: XML, RESTful Web Services, SOAP, JDBC, JMS (ActiveMQ)
* Demonstrate analytic and problem-solving skills, particularly as it relates to application design, development and infrastructure
* Excellent object oriented programming, unit testing, debugging and code organization skills
* Extensive experience with Spring, Hibernate, JMS, Test NG, relational databases and SQL
* Experience designing/implementing high performance Web services using SOAP/REST
* Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications.
* Experience with high volume distributed application development in a SaaS environment
* Candidate must have solid communication and presentation skills.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.