Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an incredible programmer who delivers code at amazing quality and who thrives in high-performance engineering environments where 2nd best isn't good enough, please read on - Oracle wants you !
Oracle is seeking the industry's brightest and most talented software programmers to build the world's #1 cloud development engineering team. Our continued expansion in cloud-based services is resulting in exciting career growth opportunities for top talented software developers who are looking to make a quantum leap forward. When software runs as a service, there is little to no margin for errors. Issues will need immediate resolution bringing dev-ops, programmers, and testers ever closer, operating with agility and urgency while driven by rigor and processes not unlike landing a device on Mars.
Is it time for you to gear up and become part of Oracle's team of elite software developers coding for the cloud?
Oracle's Fusion Middleware is the only middleware available that leverages modern hardware and software architectures that enable enterprises to create and run fully integrated, agile, intelligent business applications across social, mobile, cloud and big data technologies. Oracle is setting a new standard in middleware and is uniquely positioned to transform the way businesses innovate, work and adopt technology.
Looking for a mid to senior level engineer to work in a fast-pace environment solving complex problems with Oracle's Fusion Middleware Applications on both SaaS and PaaS environments. Candidates will work very closely with various development and dev-ops teams to understand the architecture, design, and development of the Fusion-Middleware software systems in the cloud, and understand deployment in Oracle's SaaS/PaaS offerings. Candidates will go into the details of customer use-cases that impact the scale and interaction of the system/applications with compute, network, storage, security, and related utilities that comprise the cloud infrastructure. This candidate will tackle challenging, unique situations everyday and work with cross-functional teams and will be viewed as part of a team of subject matter experts in product development. This role will also serve to advocate making reliable technical decisions in various layers of Oracle's cloud stack and support the complex technology that runs the business critical systems for our customers.
In general, the engineer must desire and have deep interest for higher level technology design, architecture, system analysis, and troubleshooting. As a part of the job, the candidate will develop a detailed understanding of the Oracle Fusion Middleware products and business applications based on Fusion Middleware stack. Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of various elements of the tech-stack in the cloud will be required to solve complex problems in the areas of better operability and management of the ecosystem.
* 10 years of in-depth core Java development experience
* Must be sound in JEE domain
* An advanced degree and/or equivalent work experience
* Java system-level programming proficiency (not simply J2EE)
* In-depth understanding of the Java memory model
* Strong knowledge of multi threading
* Exposure or work experience in XML, XML Schemas, XSL, JSP, Java XML Parsers, Socket programming, Servlets, JMX technology, JTA are preferred.
* Any framework exposure like struts and other prior working experiences in portal application are preferable
* Ability to understand complex code very quickly
* Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies
* Strong focus on customer satisfaction
* Must be able to multi-task and deal with changing priorities
* Must possess excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
* Must be a good team player and should have experience in driving
initiatives and other smaller projects.
* Self-driven and can operate independently or in a team
* Take initiative to own a problem and drive it to conclusion
* Creative thinking to optimally solve complex problems
* Great communications skills
* Customer facing experience preferred.
* Experience working with WebLogic AppServer is a definite plus.
* Experience with a few relevant technologies (JSP/JSF/Swing) are
* Direct experience in design and development highly complex, large scale distributed systems.
* Debugging skills using IDE such as JDEVELOPER or ECLIPSE
* Knowledge of Fusion Middleware components, e.g. WLS, SOA, BI, IDM
* Knowledge of Database and SQL
* Security - secure coding practices ( not necessary but would highly enhance the overall portfolio)- PKI, cryptography, SSL, PKCS standards, XML Security, LDAP, SCIM and Directory Services.
* Maven, gradle, ant
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.