How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Principal IT Network Engineer
Raytheon IDS - Tewksbury, MA US DOD Secret Clearance required - Top Secret Clearance preferred
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon's IT infrastructures around the world.
Join this high impact team as a Principal IT Network Engineer to ensure the smooth operation of classified network infrastructure in our Tewksbury, MA Location. The installation, maintenance, support and monitoring of the network infrastructure will be performed. Candidate must have a solid background supporting networks.
These positions are located in Tewksbury, MA. Domestic or International travel may be required as business needs dictate. Capped Budget relocation is available to the selected applicant at an amount to be discussed at the appropriate stage of the process. This position will be filled at salary grade G10.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment, with the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret Clearance within 18 months of day one. Except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to receive US DoD Clearances.
Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Upgrade existing network hardware and software, such as switches, routers, firewalls and encryption devices
* Maintain and monitor network performance and manage infrastructure to assure high level of capability and effectiveness.
* Day to day maintenance of network hardware, VLAN configuration, port channels, etc.
* Work with program engineers to help resolve networking problems in tactical environments
* Propose solutions to management to ensure all network requirements are met based on future needs and propose innovative and cost saving solutions where appropriate
* Integrate and partner with customer to assist in deriving solutions to complex network infrastructure problems.
* Respond to user requests via online service request tracking system.
* Ensure Information Assurance compliance for Network hardware and software.
* Assist in the overall performance and capability of technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
* 10+ years of IT networking experience including many of the following:
* Solid working experience with Cisco and Brocade networking products and software
* Experience with TCP/IP Networking Fundamentals
* Prior experience with network troubleshooting tools, Wireshark, snoop, TCPDump, etc.
* Experience with network encryption devices
* Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment
* Active Secret US DOD Security Clearance is required.
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following; PKI, IAVA, STIGs, DCID 6/3, ACAS
* Working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2K3 Server, Windows 2K8 server.
* Working knowledge of LINUX / UNIX operating systems
* Network and Security certifications, CISSP certification highly desired
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Familiarity with Classified Computing and Information Assurance best practices
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Strong teaming skills
* Active TOP Secret US DOD Security Clearance is preferred.
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or
* Significant applicable experience in network engineering field in lieu of BS will be considered at Hiring manager's discretion.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at Raytheon.
* Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
* Follow Raytheon on YouTube
* Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
* Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Network Communications Research
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.