Do you have a proven track record of getting to the root of business opportunities and then designing architectures that enable all aspects of that opportunity (e.g. people, technology, business capability, etc.)? Do you care about making a meaningful difference by helping one of the world's best biotechnology companies improve business performance and the lives of patients with neurodegenerative conditions? If so this position as an IT Enterprise Architect at Biogen may be the right role for you.
Scope of Role
* As part of Enterprise Architecture team, contribute to development and alignment of strategic functional and platform roadmaps, identify opportunities for innovation and rationalization, ensure that program/project architecture meets strategic objectives and is aligned to technology and architecture standards.
* Collaborate with Infrastructure & Operations, Security, Data Engineering & Analytics and Functional IT teams on project/program architecture and continuous improvement of the Biogen Enterprise Architecture.
* Drive Cloud architecture efforts and analyze migration options.
* Provide training & consultancy to Solution Architects & other IT partners as required.
* Analyze technology trends and identify relevant opportunities and POC candidates and provide input to IT and business leadership.
* Expert understanding of foundational architectural concepts and architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and tools, modeling concepts.
* Experience with implementing enterprise applications (ERP, CRM, HRMS, MES, ITSM) and defining architecture on large projects.
* Modern technology trends awareness, experience with running POCs of innovative technologies and performing platform selection/trade-off analysis.
* Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google), XaaS concepts, in-depth understanding of at least one of the cloud platforms a plus.
* Application Integration - experience designing and implementing solutions with multiple integration platforms and patterns (e.g. SOA, API, on-premise/cloud).
* Software development experience preferred.
* Life sciences/Biotech experience, understanding of GxP, Data Integrity, IT Quality and Compliance standards.
* Quality: experience designing solutions that optimize among quality attributes (e.g. security, scalability, usability, etc).
* Proven influence/negotiation skills.
* Systems Thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking).
* Business process understanding.
* Interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
* Emotional intelligence - self-awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, empathy.
* Communication skills, both written and spoken.
* Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people understand.
* Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
* Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering.
* Project and program management planning and organizational skills.
* Customer service and consultative orientation.
* Time management and prioritization.
* BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related technology degree.
* Masters in Business or Masters in Technology preferred.
Biogen develops, markets and manufactures therapies for people living with serious neurological, autoimmune and rare diseases.