It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most and is the first screen for the next generation of sports fans worldwide,who crave real-time personalized quality content and superior fan experiences every day.
A Little About Us
Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most. We are passionate about building best-in-class sports apps that deliver real-time, personalized quality content, and a superior experience to millions of sports fans worldwide. At Yahoo Sports, "Fans come first."
A Lot About You
You are an experienced, motivated engineer who is passionate about mobile app development and building high quality products. You thrive working as part of a team of smart, talented engineers and product designers who value team discussions and sharing constructive feedback. You are curious, driven, and enjoy challenging work.
* Collaborate with other developers and designers to help define, build, and deliver new features in our Sports mobile apps
* Code -- you will spend most of your time building iOS apps, efficiently coding in Objective-C / Swift. This includes new feature development, architecture, writing unit tests, refactors, and bug/crash fixes
* Share responsibilities like app architecture/design reviews, code reviews, performance tuning, and build pipeline management
* Own and deliver -- from the small must-do tasks to larger, complex projects with many moving parts
* Share your opinions and help shape our technical direction, best practices, product ideas, and team processes. We value and depend on your input!
* 8+ years experience building native iOS apps that have been successfully launched
* Excellent coding chops, code design skills, and practitioner and advocate of mobile development best practices -- including object-oriented design principles; design pattern usage; writing modular, reusable, testable code; data structures; concurrency; performance profiling and tuning
* Expert level in Objective-C, Swift, Cocoa Touch, Xcode, CocoaPods, git, etc. -- the skills and tools needed to build iOS apps
* Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills -- able to solve the most complex problems independently
* Proven ability to lead challenging, multi-part projects and provide technical guidance to engineering peers and partner teams
* The quintessential teammate -- great communicator, adaptable, supportive, hard working, and enjoys a good laugh
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent CS training
* Being a sports fan is a big plus!
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.