SRI International, Center for Vision Technologies, located in Princeton, NJ, is currently seeking an experienced Principal Investigator/ Concept Development Lead with extensive experience in proposing and performing on R&D projects with the US Government DOD/Intelligence/Homeland Security/Other Agencies arenas. Understanding winning and delivering on US govt. (especially DARPA, IARPA and ONR) R&D and transitional programs is a key requirement.
The ideal candidate will have shown demonstrated success in creating new concepts, winning and executing on R&D programs, including interactions with government program managers; intimate understanding of the technology and emergent/established market needs
* PhD or MS in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Due to government requirements candidates must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance.
* Experience in computer vision, machine learning, robotics, security, surveillance, training, simulation and modeling, embedded systems, computational sensing, data mining and big data and new technology concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Strong experience in marketing, proposing and winning R&D technologies (Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) 2- 7), project financing, and closing on project deals is required.
* Proven track record and experience in R&D program creation- with emphasis in the US government (DARPA, IARPA, ONR etc.) R&D business.
* Effective communication skills with a demonstrated ability to prepare and present compelling technical briefings, papers and proposals to internal and external stakeholders.
* Clear collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical groups, strong attention to details, superior organization skills, and successful experience developing and implementing functional processes are necessary.
* Frequent Travel between Princeton, NJ, Washington DC metro area and other customer's sites and SRI labs.
About SRI International
SRI International is a nonprofit, independent research center serving government and industry.