Inventive Scientist in AT&T Labs - Advanced Technology & Systems
In AT&T Labs, we are helping to build the communications network of the future and enable industry leading services in entertainment and advertising by tackling some of the world's biggest and richest datasets. We focus on the company's most challenging business problems that inspire exciting technical opportunities, across diverse areas such as data science and AI, 5G and next generation access, cloud computing, network service quality management, software defined networking, optimization and open source.
AT&T Labs Advanced Technology & Systems is looking for passionate and talented technical leaders to join our team. We are looking for unique and exceptional individuals who will engage in forward-looking research and who have a passion to drive new and innovative software solutions into our business. Our employees are expected to think big, to explore and rapidly prototype new ideas and solutions to challenging real-world problems. They are independent thinkers able to lead and drive novel ideas from concept to operational reality. Successful candidates will work closely with fellow employees and directly with business unit leaders to impact AT&T's network, products and services. We contribute significantly to multiple disciplines through open source software projects led by AT&T.
Outstanding graduate level candidates at all levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates must demonstrate excellence in communication and/or entertainment technologies, a collaborative spirit, strong communication skills, hands-on data analytics experience, and solid software expertise. Access to real-world systems and data, the ability to work with internal and external collaborators, and the possibility of making an impact by developing solutions that will be used by tens of millions of consumers, and the largest corporations in the world, are some of the reasons AT&T Labs is an exciting place to work.
We encourage applications from candidates with experience and strong interest in any of these areas:
5G and Next Generation Access Technologies
Data Science and AI Systems
Software Defined Networking
Network Planning, Optimization and Automation
Cloud Technologies and Services
Please visit http://www.research.att.com to learn more about AT&T Research.
Qualifications depend on the specific position being filled and include:
* Entry into this title will require Technical Title Plan (TTP) Board Approval
* Candidate shall have a PhD in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
* Degree in a relevant technical field, including but not exclusive to: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, and Mathematics.
* Established aptitude for applied research and software systems as demonstrated through software platforms, new algorithms, open source contributions, internship experience, publication or/and patents.
* Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and develop them from concept to a solution.
* A demonstrated ability to operate independently, with minimal oversight, and proven experience in collaborative work environments with external customers
* Accomplished programmer with software expertise with a language primarily relevant to the field (e.g. R, Python, C/C++, and Java)
* Open source software development and community experience
* Your curriculum vitae, including your complete academic and professional histories and your publication record.
* At least three (3) and up to five (5) references.
Your references will be contacted by email
* A statement (up to 2000 words) describing your current technical specialty and your vision for your future work.
Feel free to supply any other information helpful in assessing your application.
Work locations will depend on position offered but can be Bedminster, NJ; Middletown, NJ or New York, NY, San Ramon, CA.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit a Work Statement and 3-5 references.
Job ID 1922895-1 Date posted 06/13/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.