We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Do you love a technical challenge? Do you want a role where you can work with a variety of technologies on a daily basis? Would you like to lead a transformation from an on-premises virtualized environment to a hybrid cloud? Do you enjoy driving change? Then this role is for you! The Liberty Mutual Investment Organization is looking to hire a Principal Infrastructure Developer. This role serves as a lead technical consultant in the Systems, Infrastructure and Database team. You will drive improvements through automation and work on Cloud pipelines and DevOps all with Agile themes. You will drive the technology roadmap and large efforts partnering with the team and the Architect.
About the job:
* Develops maintainable/scalable, effective, defect free infrastructure and solutions that meet business requirements and team standards.
* Monitors system performance and capacity; reports changes in usage and uses data to drive decisions on ensuring compute environment is available, reliable and performant for customers.
* Troubleshoots complex hardware and software issues, takes appropriate corrective action and/or interacts with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
* Develops strong relationship with the team, Product Owners and leadership to attain operational excellence.
* Depicts highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences.
* Adheres to audit / compliance guidelines and industry best practices.
* Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
* Minimum 8 years of IT experience.
* Demonstrates in-depth experience in Infrastructure Virtualization, Storage, Database technologies, and PowerShell and/or Python scripting languages.
* Experience in Enterprise Services and Technologies (Firewalls, routing, VLANs, Databases, Data warehouses, certificates, Active Directory, GPO).
* Understanding of Agile software development concepts and processes.
* Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
* Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery. Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
* Provide Off hours, On-call as required.
We take care of our employees…
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
* Workplace Flexibility
* Wellness Perks
* Collaborative workspaces
* Sit/stand desks
* Career development, programs and classes
* Diversity & Inclusion programs
* Commuter Benefits
* Adoption Assistance
* College Savings Plan
* Education reimbursement
* Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits -
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j