Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
Infrastructure at PayPal
Our mission is to deliver a secure, globally performant, rapidly scalable, and resilient cloud infrastructure foundation that enables all PayPal Products and Services. To do this, we focus on delivering our Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and empowering our internal teams with the technical capabilities they need, when they need it, to make the very best products for our customers. We apply software engineering principles to the design, delivery, and operation of one of the largest hybrid cloud infrastructures in the world. Every day we drive closer toward our vision of a seamless and frictionless infrastructure as a competitive advantage helping PayPal win.
We believe that the decisions we make now have the ability to setup PayPal's success for the next decade. As the Principle Infrastructure Architect you will be responsible for leading the design and setting the direction of PayPal's global infrastructure foundations operating at massive, global scale. Your experience in software engineering and traditional infrastructure engineering will be critical to your success in our hybrid cloud. As part of the team, you will leverage direct and indirect relationships to influence and engage peers, partners and senior leaders in the company on the direction of the IaaS and Cloud journeys. You will build on your background for architecting secure, low latency, highly efficient, highly available Infrastructure-as-a-Service capabilities and will use your passion in these areas to establish yourself as a thought leader. You will be innovative and hands-on as you work on cross functional teams to shape every aspect of PayPal's infrastructure. As the principle architect, you will mentor and influence IaaS engineers throughout the organization while fostering a collaborative working environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Responsible for leading PayPal Infrastructure Architecture, working with Engineering and Product counterparts across the organization.
* Responsible for driving teams to consensus on infrastructure designs, patterns, best practices, and implementation methods that are enterprise adopted and business applicable
* Responsible for representing PayPal Infrastructure to external parties in building long-term relationships and strategies
* Responsible for providing expertise and requirements to colleagues across the company who are building platform, security, and database applications and frameworks
* Responsible for developing multi-year infrastructure strategy and products roadmap, including architecture blueprints.
* 12+ years of experience in infrastructure design and architectural leadership for financial services, consumer facing platforms and engineering teams
* Strong Software Engineering background is required
* Deep, hands-on experience migrating large-scale systems to public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and GCP is required
* Deep, hands-on experience with foundational infrastructure capabilities, including NTP, IAM, DNS, L3/L7/GTM load balancing, and configuration management
* Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service, incorporating Infrastructure-as-Code, IaaS efficiency, and capacity management principles
* Demonstrated experience with private cloud architecture and technologies, including hyper-converged storage and VMware / OpenStack
* Hands-on experience with clustering technologies such as Mesos and Kubernetes, containers, and supporting large-scale, performant, distributed systems operating in cloud environments
* Demonstrated experience in payments and financial services compliance, regulatory governance, payments ecosystems, payment processing flows
* Demonstrated ability to attract, develop, retain, and motivate top-tier talent
* Experience presenting to and working with C-level leadership
San Jose, California, United States of America
Newton - Massachusetts, Scottsdale
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a global technology platform and digital payments company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants.