Mantech International Corporation
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. As a Principal Information System Security Officer, you will provide critical systems, application and infrastructure support to our Department of Defense customer. You have the opportunity to work with a team across multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development. This is a great opportunity for technical and professional growth.
The ISSO ensures that the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for assigned information systems and as such, works in close collaboration with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM), the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) staff, and the Information System Owner (ISO). You will ensure that cyber security requirements are effectively integrated into information systems' operations, management, and documentation.
You will possess excellent analytical skills and be capable of quantifying risk to enterprise systems and level of compliance with security policy. You will employ best practices to integrate security into all facets of business operations. Your responsibilities will also include elements of physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness. In close coordination with the ISSM, you will play an active role in monitoring assigned systems and their environment of operation to include developing and maintaining the System Security Plan (SSP) and Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security impact of those changes.
As an ISSO responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures
* Ensure all users have the requisite security clearance, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before being granted access to the system, and periodically thereafter
* Create and maintain existing information system security documentation, including SSP, SCTM, and Security Configuration Guide
* Write implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented
* Prepare system documentation for assessment in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST Special Publications (800-37, 800-53 and others); identify deficiencies and provide recommendations for solutions; track findings with Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) through mitigation and/or risk acceptance
* Create security policies and maintain existing information system security documentation
* Conduct periodic and continuous reviews of the system to ensure compliance with the authorization package
* Work with the IA team to perform basic system administration and maintain various IA tools, including audit collection and reporting systems, vulnerability management programs, and other continuous monitoring capabilities
* Participate in the change management process, including reviewing Change Requests and assisting in the assessment of security impact of proposed changes
* Conduct daily, weekly and monthly audit review and management of the audit collection system
* Continuously review and evaluate best practices for implementing a comprehensive audit program
* Implement vulnerability management programs, including tracking and addressing IAVAs and security patches, accessing applicability to existing systems, and ensuring closure
* Implement media control and data transfer policies
* Provide direction and guidance to less experienced IA personnel
* Remain sensitive to security infractions and assist in security investigations and responses as requested
* Work on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment
* Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and functions are properly restored and functioning correctly following an outage
* Communicate well, both orally and in writing
* Bachelor's degree (preferably in telecommunications, computer science, information systems management, electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar field of study) and seven to nine years of experience with information networks and related security concerns; or a Master's degree with three to five years experience
* Strong background and extensive experience with RMF, ICD 503, NIST SP800-53 or DCID 6/3; knowledge of current authorization practices, particularly within the DoD. Extensive background with DITSCAP/DIACAP may be substituted in some cases.
* Some experience with security efforts related to modern Windows, Linux, UNIX, Cisco, SQL or Oracle databases, and virtual computing. This might also include some system administration work with an emphasis on security control implementation.
* Experience implementing and using various IA tools including vulnerability assessment, patch management, audit collection, audit review, audit management, and end point protection
* DoD 8570.1 / DoD 8140.01 certification (IAT Level II or III, IAM level I, II or III, IASAE Level I, II, or III). Security+CE or equivalent required at a minimum; CAP, CASP, CISSP, or CISM desired
* ITIL v3.0 or Foundation Certifications desired
* Local travel less than 10% between sites
US Citizenship and active TS clearance. SCI eligibility highly desired.
Other Requirements: Stationary positions, Move, Constantly operates a computer, Communicate, Recognize and collecting requirements
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About Mantech International Corporation
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.
Mantech International Corporation