Bank Of New York Mellon
Principal Information Security Analyst-
Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure.
Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments.
Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies.
Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation.
Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations.
Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles.
Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
The Information Security Division (ISD) develops and maintains the enterprise cybersecurity strategy for BNY Mellon. ISD collaborates with its colleagues across all three lines of defense, including Technology Risk Management, Internal Audit and our businesses and information technology teams. Our emphasis on collaboration ensures the development and delivery of services that are responsive to the evolving threat landscape and drive value to our customers. The successful candidate will be part of a high performance Cyber Security Analytics team within the Information Security Division of BNY Mellon. The Cyber Security Analytics team is responsible for providing platforms, analytics and visualization to the Information Security and other functional groups within BNY Mellon with goal of detecting and preventing adversarial attacks. Position overview: This is a Sr. Insider Threat Hunter/Detection engineer role which will be an integral part of the dynamic, fast-paced Cybersecurity Threat Detection team. A successful candidate will bring a positive, passionate attitude to the team's playbook and threat hunting initiatives by leveraging rich threat-hunting and Insider Threat detection tools & techniques experience. This is a challenging yet rewarding position that provides an opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies in pursuit of a vital mission that protects people, sensitive information/intellectual property and the security posture of the bank. Key responsibilities and deliverables:
* Responsible for understanding the Insider Threat Landscape and applying innovative solutions to address threats using analytics
* Triage data of anomalous events collected by User Behavior Analytics (UBA), User Activity Monitoring (UAM), DLP, SIEM technologies and other tools to decipher underlying trends or uncover anomalies and discern obscure patterns and attributes of potential Insider threat activities.
* Performs independent assessments, ensuring that the processes and designs of BNY Mellon systems will be effective, functional and secure with the ability to deter, protect, detect and mitigate Insider threats.
* Must demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques and procedures associated with malicious Insider threat activity, i.e., fraud, theft, sabotage, espionage, etc.
* Partner with other Cybersecurity Operations & Technology functions in conducting threat modeling exercises or in-depth assessments and tests against networks, endpoints, applications, etc., to find flaws with people/process/technology controls and prevent Insider threats from materializing.
* Provide guidance on potential Insider threat investigations to program stakeholders on methodologies/techniques.
* Day to day management of playbook content lifecycles including customer interactions and priority, content creation, testing & tuning, version/value documentation, and finally, user-acceptance testing and effectiveness analytics.
* Utilize Git repositories to store, comment, and version on playbooks with Threat Detection customers including the Security Operations Center, Insider Threat, and SIEM Engineering among other teams.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams of legal, privacy, HR, ethics, Cybersecurity/Technology, Corporate Security and other program stakeholders to ensure customer issues and priorities are engaged via playbook work pipeline; ensure playbook processes are continually maturing including triage, escalation, incident, and change management.
* Prepares reports, presentations, research and other program deliverables related to Insider threat program.
* Engage in ongoing research in security tools, techniques, and procedures, as well as advance Threat Detection initiatives based on aggressive security principals, machine learning algorithms, and threat mitigation techniques.
* Ownership to reproduce, respond, document, and improve reported playbook issues as reported by Insider Threat team or customers.
* Additional responsibilities will include:
* Collecting, analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources for the purpose of documenting investigations, analyzing findings and provide Insider threat metrics.
* Collaborate with Insider Threat team, Threat detection team, Operations and other stakeholders to develop innovative Insider Threat capabilities to enhance our proactive and reactive analytical processes.
* Expert-level understanding of Insider Threat detection, network security and traffic analysis, hunting for malicious activity and initiating response actions.
* Demonstrable experience with Insider Threat detection technologies and tools such as SIEM, UBA, UAM, DLP, etc.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45183
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1901428
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon