Principal Information Security Analyst- Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations. Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles. Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Cyber Security Analytics/Visualization Engineer->> Designs, Develops and Implements Security Analytics content that covers multiple functional areas within the organization. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies that are part of organization's infrastructure and application ecosystem. Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations. The successful candidate will be part of a high performance Cyber Security Analytics team within the Information Security Division of BNY Mellon. The Cyber Security Analytics team is responsible for providing platforms, analytics and visualization to the Information Security and other functional groups within BNY Mellon with goal of detecting and preventing adversarial attacks.
* Responsible for understanding the Cyber Security Threat Landscape and applying innovative solutions to address threats using analytics
* Build analytics that can be applied to the discovery and tracking of advanced adversaries
* Assess N-Cloud Data Center Architecture (traditional, hybrid and public cloud ) for Security Attack Surface , identify the data sources , logs and events necessary to analyze insider and outsider threats
* Design and Develop necessary Data Integrations to pull/push data into /out of Security Analytics Platforms
* Look for innovation and creativity in technology design
* Deliver quality code within controlled environments using formal release management and continuous integration structures
* Keep up to date with current trends, tactics, and vulnerabilities in the security space
* Demonstrates knowledge of financial services and security domain
* Adapt to a large and diverse program portfolio across multiple locations with a range of integration and analytics technologies
* Experience with data onboarding , ingestion and configuration of logs in Splunk
* Experienced in Splunk Knowledge objects, Splunk Enterprise Security Data Models.
* Experience in developing dashboards in Tableau or Qlik
* Experience with RDBMS (eg: Oracle, SQL Server) and SQL is required.
* Understanding of service orientated multi-tiered application architecture utilizing web service standards and protocols (REST, JSON)
* Previous experience in Identity and Access Management Risk identification preferred
* Comfortable working with geographically dispersed team
* Familiar with release management and version control including GIT
* Excellent collaboration skills
* Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies - experience with agile scrum preferable
* Ability to problem solve and performance tune in a high paced development environment
* Familiar with data modeling
* Familiar with Continuous Integration, micro services, API Management, and container architecture (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Previous experience in AWS (IaaS, PaaS) , Azure (IaaS, PaaS, Office 365) architecture, design and development
* Exposure to Machine Learning concepts and algorithms is highly preferred
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45183
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1901434
About Bny Mellon
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.