Perform the role of IT Program Engagement Lead (PEL)
In the role of the IT PEL, responsibilities include planning, deploying and supporting best-in-class engineering and program management solutions. The IT PEL will interface with engineering, program management, and mission area leadership to capture functional requirements. The IT PEL will translate functional requirements into program environment planning and execution, and manage changes in the scope and function of the development and collaborative environment over the lifecycle of the program.
* Demonstrated project management experience with multi-discipline / multi-functional teams
* Proven ability to manage a portfolio and multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to handle difficult situations involving C Suite and senior level management
* Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to understand/clarify needs / concerns
* Strong technical writing, presentation, interpersonal and communication skills necessary to perform in a fast-paced distributed work environment
* Proven success engaging professionally with senior level internal/external partners
* Ability to maintain composure and solution complex problems in pressure scenarios
* Demonstrated strong informal leader-follower traits and skills
* Minimum 4 years of experience in at least one of the following fields: project management, network engineering, information technology, systems engineering and/or software engineering
* Experience in identifying and managing assumptions, risks, and opportunities associated with proposals, projects and programs
* Ability to multi-task, influence and excel in a matrixed environment
* Attention to detail and dedication to driving results
* Clearance req'd day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Experience facilitating and responding to Requests for Information (RFI) and Proposals (RFP)
* Awareness of standard engineering applications
* Experience working or interfacing with large-scale programs, particularly those involving multiple companies and collaboration between them
* Knowledge of other program disciplines - including hardware, integration and test, configuration management, quality engineering, and project management
* Working knowledge of industry standards such as 6sigma, ISO, CMM or CMMI, ITIL
* Active TS/SCI Clearance
* Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of relevant experience
* Program/Project/IT Management Certifications; Productivity Certifications
* Master's degree and 8 years of relevant experience
138023BR 138023 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.