Microsoft has been studying quantum computing for several years and has become the world's center of expertise on topological quantum computing. The research effort includes a staff of theoretical physicists and experimental teams around the world. Our team is building a controls system for quantum computing that is based on a classical computer architecture. The overall system is being developed by a multi-disciplinary team that includes software and hardware architects. The control system is a general-purpose computing platform that can perform complex, high performance computing functions.
These systems require the development, implementation, integration, and test of software, and hardware systems. As a Principal Hardware Engineer on the team you will be responsible for all facets of design from defining architectural and microarchitectural features of IP blocks, but also working closely as a team with highly motivated designers. Throughout the program you will be collaborating with system architects, various design teams for leverage and collaboration, software, and system team for requirements.
* B.S. in computer engineering or related field
* 10 or more years of experience in silicon design and analysis
* Extensive Background in Processor and System Architecture
* Experience in system-level design/analysis, especially in high-performance, distributed and/or fault-tolerant systems with complex memory management and virtualization.
* Experience in requirements gathering across diverse teams resulting in the specification and development of complex hardware designs.
* Familiarity with silicon design flows and RTL design.
* Experience with technically innovative hardware designs
* Experience in requirements gathering and specification of complex hardware designs
* Familiarity with silicon bring-up, debug and productization
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with stakeholders and customers to gather requirements
* Specify, evaluate, design, implement, and validate complex designs
* Document and review architecture specs
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.