Principal Full Stack Developer - Direct Service & Claims
You will take on building complex business logic and orchestrating the generation of new microservices that bring performance, security, and value to Liberty Mutual and our platform users. You will keep an on eye on quality engineering practices and implementation, and be the mentor and champion for your team. Your work will positively and directly impact our customers' online experience.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for a company that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives," every day.
What you'll do:
* Be a technical leader for your team
* Collaborate with a product owner and an autonomous team of engineers to find comprehensive solutions
* Create libraries and tools which allow for scaling a large and distributed client development team
* Become a developer advocate improving technical communications with developers at Liberty Mutual and foster a deeper understanding to their problems and needs
* Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers
* Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into technology decisions
* Mentor other engineers on your team
Who you are:
* You know how to write readable, maintainable, and performant code
* You have a deep knowledge of software engineering best practices
* You have a good understanding of functional reactive programming
* You have a great ability to learn, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise
* You have a passion for supporting and enabling others to become more productive
* You have at least 5-7 years of professional experience
* You have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
* You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
* You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
Benefits & Culture:
At Liberty Mutual's Boston Tech Hub we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In our Digital organization, we are an Agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities; we are headquartered at our new WeWork space on Boylston Street in Back Bay.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit: