Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, Digital Design FPGA Lead Engineer to work on Electronic Warfare and Radio Communication products for defense applications. The position may be located at one of several Raytheon sites.
The candidate is responsible for leading a team developing Electronic Digital Hardware consisting of FPGAs, ASICs, and/or Digital Circuit Card Assemblies across the entire development life cycle from Bid and Proposal to Production Transition. The candidate will be able to provide direct hands on engineering while concurrently leading, tracking, and reporting the technical, cost, and schedule performance of the development project. The ideal candidate will have Military/Aerospace industry experience and a strong understanding in developing Basis of Estimates, Earned Value Management, Hardware Development and Verification Plans, Requirements development, Concept Design/Architectures, FPGA Development, Integration and Test Support, Change Control Management, Hardware Qualification, and Production Release processes.
He/she will be familiar with the latest technology trends in the area of FPGA design, Agile Project Management, advance verification, microprocessors, memories, and high speed interface protocols. The candidate will have strong communication skills to interface within a product development team to include program/project managers, system engineers, mechanical engineers, and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel
* Minimum 8 years of experience in digital hardware FPGA design and verification, or minimum 6 years with a related Master's degree
* Experience with Mentor Graphics, Synopsys, or Cadence Simulation Tools
* Experience with Xilinx, Intel (Altera), Lattice, or Microsemi (Actel) FPGA Development tools
* Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, or FPGA debugging tools
* Experience with communications interfaces and bus standards (e.g. SPI, I2C, PCIe, UART, or Gb Ethernet)
* Knowledge of embedded processors and SoC development for FPGA devices
* Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
* Strong team leader with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
* Strong understanding and experience with Configuration Management tools
* Experience as a Team Leader (FPGA Team Lead, Project Leader or equivalent)
* Experience supporting Bid & Proposals and/or Cost Account Manager role
* Strong understanding and experience with Earned Value Management
* Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Designing for Defense Electronics
* Active or Current Security Clearance
* Military Service
* Knowledge of TCL, Perl, or Python for Scripting
* Digital Signal Processing Experience
* FPGA Development with Linux Operating System
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology, or Computer Engineering
* Master's Degree in related fields or technology is a plus.
140660 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
CA - Fullerton
CA - Goleta
IN - Ft. Wayne
TX - Dallas
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.